8/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Why not just do weights and cardio?

That is what I am doing currently and have gained 20 pounds of muscle in 3 months, (yes probably some fat), but I am looking to bulk up at the moment.

It all depends on what your trying to do, but weights are the best way to bulk for sure.

Insanity for cutting definitely

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    368 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I only have experience doing insanity, but it worked insanely well for me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    personally i own p90x and my cousin owns insanity. if you are not in the most fit condition go with p90x . it doesnt push you to extremes it just gets the job done

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I own both, never tried either so I'm curious as to what is better. I think I want to do Insanity, because it doesn't require any equipment

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've done both personally.

I started p90x in May of last year with well over 200lbs at 5'11" and 18 yrs.
    with p90x I lost 25 lbs and gained a world of confidence.

I continued and lost a total of 50 lbs and gaining a good bit of muscle.

I finished Insanity last week, and it's a cliche to say, but it's absolutely INSANE.
    I considered myself in pretty good shape because of p90x, but man, Insanity humbles you. And right when you think you get the hang of it, the second month starts and it's like the first one all over again! Haha

I remember being so sore and in pain, and the work outs being hard, not so much because of the cardio or the workout it's self, but that I was still sore from the day before! Ha!
    But that went away after like the 2nd week.

My cardio has improve a lot and I've lost another 5 lbs or so. Trying to loose the last 10 lbs and get into the body fat percentage I want. Shooting for under 10%!!!

Which do I recommend for a girl/woman?

Overall, Insanity would tone you and tighten you and give you a leaner look, without any bulking, but it's NOT for beginners!
    Insanity expects you to be able to do pushups and jumps and jog, etc, etc at a good pace. Which i couldn't even dream of doing a year ago.

p90x is more beginner friendly. It's hard, but you can modify and since it works with weights, you can still keep up with them, but you just don't have to lift as heavy.

I def wouldn't have been able to do Insanity without P90x.

Girls don't like P90x because they say they'd get big and that's not the case. True, P90x has weight training in it. But that's good. We all need it.
    Actually i read a study that said that women should be doing more weight training to help with with muslce tone and bone strength (which women struggle with) and men should work more on cardio to improve heart health.
    But again, weight training won't at all make you hulk out over night. As much as us guys wished it happened like that, it doesn't. Follow the golden rule or reps. 12-15 reps for tone and 6-10 for bulk. Get a decent weight you can get 12-15 rep with, with the last 3 burning as you do them.

Also keep in mind, P90x comes in 3 versions. Classic, Lean, and Double (or somethign like that).
    I did Classic, which has 3 times a week weight training and cardio inbetween.

Lean is probably best and it more targeted for women. It has a lot more cardio to tone you up and lean you out with only minimal weight training.

Hope this helps!!!

PM me if you have any questions. About diet or stuff. (Which is also VERY important. About 50% of your results depends on the diet along with the workout)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    In my opinion weight training will always surcome any other training! it produces muscle and leans you out for a overall better look

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Never done insanity but I thought the P90x was pretty good.

The yoga part was way too much for me to handle though. Couldn't last the full 90 mins on that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    i haven't done either, but this girl has some progress pics from insanity
    (you need an account to see links)

she looks amazing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think it's mostly about the diets on both though..
    From what I've read most people didn't see any change until they did the diet plan.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    P90x is significantly easier than Insanity. If you're dedicated and willing to go through the entire workout set, Insanity will prove better results. The hardest part with Insanity is that the warm-up is a workout itself.