34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnii View Post
    Some of them were working for me yesterday and today they're not. I'm hardly doing anything in my browser aside from youtube and neo/dti lol :x I don't understandddd! What information do you need from me to have a peek at it? Or another user you recommend I reach out to?
    The Neopets site regularly experiences errors as you navigate, so scripts blinking in and out of working is not unexpected. The site's ability to serve pages is hampered by large influxes of traffic. The kind you see when sitewide events are going on, or when botnets are slamming the server to perform their sinister activities. If you're not getting hit with a server error, then you're potentially getting hit with the infamous StackPath CDN warning pages. The only recourse coders have is to slow down their program or script's activities, build in fault tolerance, or stop running the code entirely until the trouble has passed. That's the way that Neopets is nowadays. If your scripts can't compensate for that, then you'll have to deal with occasional performance flops.

Would you be okay with sharing the problem scripts here using the [code]...[/code] BB tags to protect them from being messed with by the forum's post message parser? If you'd rather not share them publicly, then you can also reach out via private message if you'd prefer. If you'd like to keep these scripts entirely to yourself, then we can also go the route of a screen share session. Whatever you're comfortable with!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Bunnii (10-06-2023)

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I haven't ran into any problems with my scripts since then
    Thank you for the suggestion! I unfortunately did try this, and that's how (I think) they were working for me for a few days!
    (side note, your dino butt makes me smile every time I see it lol, SO cute!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Whatever you're comfortable with!
    Whatever would be easiest for you! I super SUPER appreciate any time given. I'm happy to provide any info I can safely. I'm just not sure how to grab the code and do this for you, if you'd be able to give me direction in doing so : )

(you need an account to see links)
    ・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Whatever would be easiest for you! I super SUPER appreciate any time given. I'm happy to provide any info I can safely. I'm just not sure how to grab the code and do this for you, if you'd be able to give me direction in doing so : )
    Okay! Let's start with one of the scripts for now. I'm assuming that you're using either Tampermonkey or Violentmonkey with the following instructions. If you're not, then I'll need to know what script injector you're using to offer alternate instructions. In your browser, open the extensions menu and click your script injector, then click "Dashboard" on the expanded menu to load up your script list. Navigate to the script you'd like us to work on, then either click on the name of the script, or click the edit icon (a pencil on paper) to open the script's code for copying. Grab a copy of that code, then paste it here in a reply like this:

[code]CODE GOES HERE[/code]

That'll get us started!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Bunnii (10-06-2023),Erik. (10-06-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Ha ha! That's one of my scripts, @(you need an account to see links)! I thought we were talking about some out of support, ancient code from developers long gone. When you say that this script isn't working, are you not seeing it on the page at all, or does it show up on the page, but fail to run properly?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Bunnii (10-06-2023),Erik. (10-06-2023)

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Ha ha! That's one of my scripts, @(you need an account to see links)! I thought we were talking about some out of support, ancient code from developers long gone. When you say that this script isn't working, are you not seeing it on the page at all, or does it show up on the page, but fail to run properly?
    I am a quiet lover of the Bat scripts :3 I think nearly every one or every one I have is from you hehe
    They aren't showing up at all for me, no blank space on the page where it usually is, page just appears like the normal neo page.
    I don't think to my knowledge that I've ever had them fail to run properly.

Also, ugh I'm so sorry but do I come to you, or can you point me in the correct direction: I'm not able to load my own profile? LOL I'm a mess. It perpetually loads and if I do get a page out of it, it says "A timeout occurred Error code 524"

If this helps at all, this is on the page also:
    "What can I do?
    If you're a visitor of this website:
    Please try again in a few minutes.

If you're the owner of this website:
    The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application. Additional troubleshooting information here."

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Aww, thanks, @(you need an account to see links)! I'm always glad to hear that my scripts are proving useful to folks!

The next time the safety deposit box script fails to appear on the page, could you please check and see if the address in your address bar looks like: https://www.neopets.com/safetydeposit.phtml - including the "www." portion specifically? I'm wondering if that is going missing from time to time, and this is causing the script to fail at matching your current location.

I saw that problem with your profile too! It's because your name is on one of those massive welcome lists that one of our users made, and it locks up your profile page to load it. I'll get that sorted for you as soon as I can.

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Aww, thanks, @(you need an account to see links)! I'm always glad to hear that my scripts are proving useful to folks!

The next time the safety deposit box script fails to appear on the page, could you please check and see if the address in your address bar looks like: https://www.neopets.com/safetydeposit.phtml - including the "www." portion specifically? I'm wondering if that is going missing from time to time, and this is causing the script to fail at matching your current location.
    Absolutely ^_^ I really like them and super appreciate everyone who shares their work with the forum for others to use.
    Man would you look at that xD Would you by chance know how to make sure my browser put the dumb www LOL do you think that could be my problem for all of them?

I saw that problem with your profile too! It's because your name is on one of those massive welcome lists that one of our users made, and it locks up your profile page to load it. I'll get that sorted for you as soon as I can.
    Oh how funky! lol : ) Thank you! I couldn't check mentions and such earlier xD I don't think I saw that post that I was mentioned in, I'll have to check those!

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Man would you look at that xD Would you by chance know how to make sure my browser put the dumb www LOL do you think that could be my problem for all of them?
    I'll patch the script to compensate for this. I'll let you know as soon as I have a fix. Thanks for clarifying!
    Last edited by Bat; 10-07-2023 at 09:16 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Bunnii (10-06-2023)

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I'll patch the script to compensate for this. I'll let you know as soon as I have a fix. Thanks for clarifying!
    My pom poms are in the air cheering for you!!
    Last edited by Bat; 10-07-2023 at 09:15 AM.