15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Oh I’m a ding dong. I found the correct thread. @(you need an account to see links) pls reply to my other post here 😩😭

These are the switches. Did I buy them for the name and aesthetic...? Maybe. But I also want to see how they sound in my board compared to the switches that came stock with this board!
    @Excalibur do you know much about these switches? The sound test I viewed for them sounded v pleasing to my ears for what I want.
    POM or: Polyoxymethylene stems are: "Kailh cream, black, red and burgundy stems all have long poles, so if you put them into a standard JWK, Gateron or Cherry housing that doesn't account for the long pole the stem will bottom out on the pole instead of the bottom as it normally does making it sound different and a bit louder. As for putting standard pole length stems from brand to brand it can alter tolerances and reduce wobble in some cases. In other cases it's for smoothness since Cherry stems and housings are notoriously more scratchy than other brands so swapping smoother stems in can make them feel better. Or it's just for aesthetics and going for a certain color combo."

personally im a fan of POMs they feel amazing compared to basic cherries or "stocks" that come with a keyboard.

58g spring means its kinda soft. the housing is a normal nylon. personally you should relube and soak the springs in oil.

add a XDA aftermarkey key cap set and your hands will feel and type like clouds.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-28-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    83d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    POM or: Polyoxymethylene stems are: "Kailh cream, black, red and burgundy stems all have long poles, so if you put them into a standard JWK, Gateron or Cherry housing that doesn't account for the long pole the stem will bottom out on the pole instead of the bottom as it normally does making it sound different and a bit louder. As for putting standard pole length stems from brand to brand it can alter tolerances and reduce wobble in some cases. In other cases it's for smoothness since Cherry stems and housings are notoriously more scratchy than other brands so swapping smoother stems in can make them feel better. Or it's just for aesthetics and going for a certain color combo."

personally im a fan of POMs they feel amazing compared to basic cherries or "stocks" that come with a keyboard.

58g spring means its kinda soft. the housing is a normal nylon. personally you should relube and soak the springs in oil.

add a XDA aftermarkey key cap set and your hands will feel and type like clouds.
    I’m pretty excited to get them! They’re preorder but expected to hopefully arrive soon so I’ll have to update once I get them!

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-28-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    5d 13h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I admire people with collections! I have an ikki68 with keycaps I got from a group buy a couple years ago. From what I remember they took over 1 year to get to me lol. I sometimes browse other group buys but I always struggle with asking myself why I would need more than one keyboard!! How do you decide which keyboard to use on which day!