Thread: Advice on loading 3dvia games legit?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Advice on loading 3dvia games legit?

Hello! I am new to your community and trying to make myself at home here I was hoping someone might have some advice for me on getting my 3dvia games to load. I'm using Fiddler, Pale Moon, etc. and have gotten Flash and Shockwave to work. The guide I'm using says the launcher should automatically do its thing when I try to open a game, but nothing happens. Has anyone else seen this happen to them? Thank you in advance.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    There should be some sort of 3DVIA icon in the game window if you don't have the plugins installed, click on it and it will start downloading the installer.
    Install the plugins, it'll ask for you to restart (at least for me anyways) and then you should be able to play the games. You might need to enable "Simulate Modern Speed" and "Disable caching" as well if you're still struggling.
    I had issues getting them to work on my PC except for one game but I was able to play them by setting up a virtual machine and doing the whole install process there on a fresh install of W10.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Habanero For This Useful Post:

gabigabmitch (09-24-2023),j03 (09-24-2023),Synth Salazzle (09-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    That's what I don't get - there are no icons or anything. Just a grey screen. I've looked into all the settings and there must be something weird I'm doing. I do get a little icon that says pale moon is blocking content, but even when I tell it to allow and make sure all the permissions are correct, still nada. But I suppose if it's just three games I can't get to work, I can live with that. Thank you for the help!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by gabigabmitch View Post
    That's what I don't get - there are no icons or anything. Just a grey screen. I've looked into all the settings and there must be something weird I'm doing. I do get a little icon that says pale moon is blocking content, but even when I tell it to allow and make sure all the permissions are correct, still nada. But I suppose if it's just three games I can't get to work, I can live with that. Thank you for the help!
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post a direct link but this is the link that the icon will send you to: (you need an account to see links)
    I'm unsure if you're required to open it through palemoon or not. I pasted the archive.org link (confirmed that it's still the same version 5.0.0.23) instead of the direct link in case it ever gets taken down in the future.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Habanero For This Useful Post:

Chupacabra (09-24-2023),gabigabmitch (09-24-2023),j03 (09-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post a direct link but this is the link that the icon will send you to: (you need an account to see links)
    I'm unsure if you're required to open it through palemoon or not. I pasted the archive.org link (confirmed that it's still the same version 5.0.0.23) instead of the direct link in case it ever gets taken down in the future.
    You're a legend. Much appreciated!