30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Anybody do any sports betting?

Sports betting was legalized where I live last year and since then I've been exploring all kinds of different bets and having some fun with it.
    My go to will always be NFL bets as that's the league that I'm most familiar with the teams, players, etc.

Since it was legalized halfway through the season last year, this year I have decided to put one particular bet in every week just to see if it hits. I will be putting about $5-10 every week on a parlay for all the overdogs to win in each NFL matchup. I figure there HAS to be a week where all the teams that are projected to win, do win! Usually it's a pretty HUGE payout. I think week 1 for a $10 bet, the payout was like $15,000. I'll take those odds, even if it takes me a few years to actually hit that bet, it may pay off in the long run.

For week one I had a very surprising win too. I had a $200 bet on a 5 leg parlay which hit for $1350. Biggest win I have had so far. Definitely contemplating doing something like that again once the season plays out a bit more and we get a better feel for who can do what.

My fam teases me a bit, but I make sure to stay responsible with it and only gamble what I can afford to lose. I think it makes the games even MORE exciting when you have a little skin in the game. if you win a little money along the way, even better! For me, week 1 paid for the iphone 15 pro max I ordered today. Win win all around!

What kind of bets do you guys make? Any tips? Got any fun parlays coming up for this week?
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Excalibur (10-23-2023),gobblegum (12-24-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),♥ lint ♥ (12-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    What I’m hearing is I’m the only degenerate tossing in bets on Sunday mornings lol

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),gobblegum (12-24-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),xmilo (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Sports betting was legalized where I live last year and since then I've been exploring all kinds of different bets and having some fun with it.
    My go to will always be NFL bets as that's the league that I'm most familiar with the teams, players, etc.

Since it was legalized halfway through the season last year, this year I have decided to put one particular bet in every week just to see if it hits. I will be putting about $5-10 every week on a parlay for all the overdogs to win in each NFL matchup. I figure there HAS to be a week where all the teams that are projected to win, do win! Usually it's a pretty HUGE payout. I think week 1 for a $10 bet, the payout was like $15,000. I'll take those odds, even if it takes me a few years to actually hit that bet, it may pay off in the long run.

For week one I had a very surprising win too. I had a $200 bet on a 5 leg parlay which hit for $1350. Biggest win I have had so far. Definitely contemplating doing something like that again once the season plays out a bit more and we get a better feel for who can do what.

My fam teases me a bit, but I make sure to stay responsible with it and only gamble what I can afford to lose. I think it makes the games even MORE exciting when you have a little skin in the game. if you win a little money along the way, even better! For me, week 1 paid for the iphone 15 pro max I ordered today. Win win all around!

What kind of bets do you guys make? Any tips? Got any fun parlays coming up for this week?
    not me, i choose to lose my money through bingo night with grandma. (-=

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sqork For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),gobblegum (12-24-2023),I_royalty_I (09-17-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    29d 16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Oh wow that’s really cool! Congratulations! I’ve not won that big before. I try and do pick ‘em kind of bets, but I heard parlay’s are where the money is at. I’ve bet on nba playoffs, nhl playoffs, and sometimes football. I have tried betting on parlay styles too, but it was more like pick a team, then how many points, and what player will do something first. I like how you said only betting what you can loose and I 1000% agree and support that. It can be pretty addicting so I’m always making sure what I’m betting.
    userbar made by the talented lyrichord

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RicoBandito For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),gobblegum (12-24-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqork View Post
    not me, i choose to lose my money through bingo night with grandma. (-=
    Theres an app I play on every so often where you can play bingo for cash on your phone. I swear part of the time you play against bots.. but I’ve had some pretty good success there in the past. Not quite sports betting - but still a little gambling related haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RicoBandito View Post
    Oh wow that’s really cool! Congratulations! I’ve not won that big before. I try and do pick ‘em kind of bets, but I heard parlay’s are where the money is at. I’ve bet on nba playoffs, nhl playoffs, and sometimes football. I have tried betting on parlay styles too, but it was more like pick a team, then how many points, and what player will do something first. I like how you said only betting what you can loose and I 1000% agree and support that. It can be pretty addicting so I’m always making sure what I’m betting.
    It really depends what kind of parlays you do. Personally, when I do a parlay I don’t pick a leg that involves who will score first or picking the score correctly. I usually pick things for football like money line who will win, who will get a TD at anytime during the game, how many passing, rushing, receiving yards. For me it’s more fun to root on players to either slam the over or have a bad night and slide in the under. It just sucks when you have a bad day and nobody seems to be doing what you anticipated them doing. Or when you have like an 8 leg parlay and there’s that ONE thing that didn’t happen.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),gobblegum (12-24-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),RicoBandito (09-18-2023),Sqork (09-17-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    rip, edited because i tried quoting you and it got all messed up after i erased part of it.

but anyways, i used to play claw machines on an app. i prob spent twice what the stuffed animal i wanted cost to win it. *v*; but the satisfaction in getting it in the mail..

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sqork For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),gobblegum (12-24-2023),I_royalty_I (09-18-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I've been betting on football (soccer) since about 2014. My advice to you would be as tempted as you are, bet low and less than you can afford to lose as the adrenaline and excitement can easily make this fun hobby a financial nightmare. And don't count on bet multipliers/accumulators, you're not going to win lmao. Those risky bets are for the small remaining dollars you have left in the account after withdrawals. Make your "big" bets only on single game results and the odd scorer if have a good feeling on an easy game.

Also, in betting circles a lot of people operate on inside information i.e., who's playing who isn't, before official information comes out. You can often have access to this on X/Twitter, and if you get early info, you get better odds before official team news states a certain star player isn't starting etc.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),gobblegum (12-24-2023),I_royalty_I (09-18-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    (you need an account to see links)

My Christmas is made, in a sense. Placed this bet on a whim, felt a little ballsy. Came down to the wire but holy smokes it actually hit!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-24-2023),gobblegum (12-24-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    ✿💿✿
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    (you need an account to see links)

My Christmas is made, in a sense. Placed this bet on a whim, felt a little ballsy. Came down to the wire but holy smokes it actually hit!
    Wow, congrats!! The effing Lions lmao.

I use to play fantasy Hockey on Yahoo several years ago during the great Crosby/Malkin/Flower storm. I never put any money into like others have. I'd love to, but it too intimidating for me. Maybe next year I'll give it a go.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gobblegum For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),I_royalty_I (12-24-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by gobblegum View Post
    Wow, congrats!! The effing Lions lmao.

I use to play fantasy Hockey on Yahoo several years ago during the great Crosby/Malkin/Flower storm. I never put any money into like others have. I'd love to, but it too intimidating for me. Maybe next year I'll give it a go.
    See I tried one year of fantasy hockey here on ck but had NO idea what I was doing. One season was enough for me because I don’t follow it enough. Football I follow every week and very into it. I’ve taken to doing big bets for very probable things rather than the $5-10 bet for a 16 leg parlay.

Looks like I’m gonna scoop another $100 bet for $1600 and $100 bet for $1311, so I’m pretty stoked! It’s fun when you win, heartbreaking when you lose haha

20. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-24-2023)