DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    386 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The original idea is a TWC sign for people who are a liability to the market and MAY scam.

TWC = Trade with Caution.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    5d 14h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I do agree that everyone should use a MM.
    Despite that though, many only use it for larger trades. I know people are willing to risk smaller amounts in exchange for efficiency. It's all good to say, "Well if they're not patient enough to wait, then it's they're fault, they deserve to be scammed," but even as a Middleman myself, as our aim is to reduce the amount of scamming, I think this is a great idea.
    I don't think it's too big a hassel - as long as those in Scamming Investigations, and Moderators have access to adding/removing bars. If they see a thread, but don't have time to have a good look at it, I think they should just put on the bars straight away. Like people above have said, we are all human and certainly there will be times where cases will not be looked at for quite a while. A single day, a few hours can make a difference between 1 person getting scammed, and 3.

It is only a precaution.
    It won't do any actual harm, in my opinion. (Except hurt people's pride for a few days, until the issue is resolved.) If people have doubts of X and Y person, then just use a Middleman. Besides, that's what we want right? People to use MMs.

I think it all boils down to what our aims are, how troublesome it is, and whether it will make a difference.
    It certainly follows our aims of reducing scamming; it may be a bit troublesome (extra work for SI mods, and for those involved in the issues), but I think ultimately, it'll make a difference. Scammers, even under investigations, like @(you need an account to see links) said, will do most of their scamming the moment they start to scam, till the moment they are banned. They will overoffer, cheat and lie, steal and do everything they can to make the most of the time they have left.

That being said, I have never worked in Scamming Investigations, nor as a Moderator, I don't know how this whole thing works.
    From the outside, I think it is a good idea. From the inside, perhaps things are different.
    Just my one cent. <3

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rain For This Useful Post:

Cody. (05-04-2012),Emiley (04-25-2012),SmileYaDead (04-25-2012),zxzero (04-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    26d 13h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Bottom line is, if you wanted every trade to use an MM, you would need at least 50 MM, and at least 10 online at any time of the day.

This is almost NEVER the case. So no, the simple idea of saying USE AN MM EVERY TRADE is simply not efficient nor is it effective. Unless you don't mind doing a 5dollar trade and carrying it out over hte course of 3 days, while having other trades to deal with, and scheduling an MM for each becuase none of them are online when you are actually able and willing to make the trade.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodochi View Post
    Bottom line is, if you wanted every trade to use an MM, you would need at least 50 MM, and at least 10 online at any time of the day.

This is almost NEVER the case. So no, the simple idea of saying USE AN MM EVERY TRADE is simply not efficient nor is it effective. Unless you don't mind doing a 5dollar trade and carrying it out over hte course of 3 days, while having other trades to deal with, and scheduling an MM for each becuase none of them are online when you are actually able and willing to make the trade.
    Middlemen can be used for every trade. If it was noticed that there weren't enough middlemen online for this, joe would add new MM. The sad truth is that most people do not use middlemen.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Couldn't we only remove the access to trade section while fixing the dispute?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    ^ doubt that'd help.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It could. Just freeze the trading topics of the persons involved in the dispute.
    I would be more suspicious to trade with someone if he had had a cautious status. Just block the access to the trades would harm less the reputation of a member in my opinion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    That wouldn't stop the person from trading tho. If they have limited access and no one knows, then they can still do harm to others if they have a topic in the trade section and people PM them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SmileYaDead For This Useful Post:

Emiley (04-25-2012)