DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    The literal only reason I think I’d upgrade from my 12 to the 15 would be for the USBC charger. It sadly doesn’t seem like there are too many new features worth upgrading for. I might upgrade to a 14! It seems to be the same phone honestly.

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    712 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tra-guy View Post
    As a non-Apple user, the best part of this is Apple FINALLY conforming with USB-C. Give it some years and with exception of some people who's old iphone's are still going strong, we won't have the issue of not being able to lend a charger anymore!

I also remember when Apple updated the lightning port years ago and everyone was just pissed because all their accessories (docks and whatnot) were now useless.
    To be fair, MacBook and iPads have been USB-C for a couple of years. I have the iPad Air 4 and the MacBook Pro M1 (2020 I think?) and they’re both USB-C!

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Sqork (09-16-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowfighter View Post
    The literal only reason I think I’d upgrade from my 12 to the 15 would be for the USBC charger. It sadly doesn’t seem like there are too many new features worth upgrading for. I might upgrade to a 14! It seems to be the same phone honestly.
    i have the 12 as well (no pro, no anything - i really wanted the mint-colored one) and it still works fine. haven't thought about upgrading in a hot minute, but i might prefer the 15 over the 14, given that sth sth EU-compliance laws and it has an USB-C charger now, which means i can finally get a proper docking station for my nightstand.
    and speaking of the watches: i have a (used) series 3 that i bought off of someone but never really used; would it even be worth looking into a series 9?

on the topic of that; does anyone know if the usb-c is coming to airpods as well and/or if their sound quality has improved at all? i have the very first model of those and comparing them to my sony xm4 is like ... what are these sounds. why do they sound so Bad? (i can't use the sony headphones at work since i need something "modest" and airpods would be my first pick, but not when the sound quality is crinkled paper)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ratanius For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (09-17-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    712 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by ratanius View Post
    i have the 12 as well (no pro, no anything - i really wanted the mint-colored one) and it still works fine. haven't thought about upgrading in a hot minute, but i might prefer the 15 over the 14, given that sth sth EU-compliance laws and it has an USB-C charger now, which means i can finally get a proper docking station for my nightstand.
    and speaking of the watches: i have a (used) series 3 that i bought off of someone but never really used; would it even be worth looking into a series 9?

on the topic of that; does anyone know if the usb-c is coming to airpods as well and/or if their sound quality has improved at all? i have the very first model of those and comparing them to my sony xm4 is like ... what are these sounds. why do they sound so Bad? (i can't use the sony headphones at work since i need something "modest" and airpods would be my first pick, but not when the sound quality is crinkled paper)
    The series 3 and series 9 will be different in certain ways in terms of certain features and definitely the battery life, but overall nothing extremely major in my opinion. However, I did a quick look and it seems that it actually may not be the best option but if you already have it, then use it if you wish. There’s a couple of articles outlining it if you look it up, but basically says the lack of storage and no more security and software updates now.

No idea if the USB-C is coming to AirPods (I assume it will though, to match everything else) but I have a pair of the regular AirPods and the AirPod Pros and I have no issue with sound quality personally! However, I’ve never used Sony headphones so I can’t compare it in that aspect.
    Last edited by Cinnamoroll; 09-18-2023 at 12:41 AM.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

ratanius (09-18-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Just pout in my pre-order for the 15 Pro, which I'll pick up on my next work trip as they're almost 50% cheaper in the UK than in my country because of taxes lol

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    33d 19h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I love the pastel colours. Sucks that iPhone 15 pro max has ugly colours (manly) hahahs

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Innocence View Post
    I love the pastel colours. Sucks that iPhone 15 pro max has ugly colours (manly) hahahs
    Haha I actually loved them - the pro colours. The natural titanium is my favourite colour in a while!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Kisses (09-18-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    33d 19h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Haha I actually loved them - the pro colours. The natural titanium is my favourite colour in a while!
    I wish there was a blue is it dark navy? I can’t really tell hahah I might just go with the titanium! I have the iPhone 14 pro Max (yellow) but I looove how the iPhone 15 is full screen!!!!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Innocence View Post
    I wish there was a blue is it dark navy? I can’t really tell hahah I might just go with the titanium! I have the iPhone 14 pro Max (yellow) but I looove how the iPhone 15 is full screen!!!!
    Yes the dark blue is nice too, but my current 12 Pro is blue haha. So I want a change!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Kisses (09-18-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    My S/O was so excited about the new iPhone 15 that he's committed to making the jump from android and already preordered it. I'm still thinking about it especially since my current phone (Pixel 6 pro) has been acting like shit with every new update. But I also swapped off of iOS a while ago too.. guess I may crawl back lol.
    Also the pastel colors are sooo my aesthetic. xD
    Feels bad that gaming on iOS will be better than gaming on Switch lmao.