Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m

Question Dubloon Disaster legit way?

Hello, everyone!

I was wondering if there is a legit way of sending a score in Dubloon Disaster.
    This is my absolute favorite game and no matter how many times I click send score it always gives the stupid error message.

I know we can use senders, but I am trying to play legit as I enjoy it very much.

Haven't tried with AoB. But if it doesn't work legit, then it won't work either way.

What do you think?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    i can't get a lot of the games to work for this reason even for low scores. My favourites have the same issue as well. I sometimes get lucky and it randomly goes thorugh but I imagine this is probably the dreaded "Stackpath error" we hear about a lot. (I don't fully understand what it means to be fair.)

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Is this an HTML5 game we're taking about, or the Flash game played through Ruffle?

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Man, that Stakpath mystery thickens. I don't understand it either, lol.

No, this is the Flash game played through ruffle.

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    i believe it will work better utilizing the (you need an account to see links), but i dont know if the ruffle integration messes with it. people in the official neo discord have talked about being able to get it recently but who knows everyone could be cheating/on here (hiiii guys LMAO)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (09-11-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I dug into this a bit, but the results were inconclusive. There's nothing unusual about the score submission routine executed by Ruffle, but the server's response is error code 17, indicating that the hash provided is invalid. Repeating that same score submission with identical details in my score sender generated the exact same encrypted payload as the one Ruffle submitted, so the remaining culprits would be the page request parameters, cookies, or something wacky like brotli compression. I'm ruling out StackPath because I didn't encounter any issues walking around it with my score sender. It's extremely unlikely that a legitimate web browser would run into problems with StackPath while a program that barely approximates a legitimate web browser would somehow get past it just fine.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Demetri (09-12-2023),Erik. (09-12-2023),Null_user (09-11-2023),♥ SomeClown ♥ (09-12-2023)

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Q*bert View Post
    i believe it will work better utilizing the (you need an account to see links), but i dont know if the ruffle integration messes with it. people in the official neo discord have talked about being able to get it recently but who knows everyone could be cheating/on here (hiiii guys LMAO)
    Might as well give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I dug into this a bit, but the results were inconclusive. There's nothing unusual about the score submission routine executed by Ruffle, but the server's response is error code 17, indicating that the hash provided is invalid. Repeating that same score submission with identical details in my score sender generated the exact same encrypted payload as the one Ruffle submitted, so the remaining culprits would be the page request parameters, cookies, or something wacky like brotli compression. I'm ruling out StackPath because I didn't encounter any issues walking around it with my score sender. It's extremely unlikely that a legitimate web browser would run into problems with StackPath while a program that barely approximates a legitimate web browser would somehow get past it just fine.
    Gotcha. Understood something about that. So basically there is nothing to do about that until it gets fixed server-side right?

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Null_user View Post
    Gotcha. Understood something about that. So basically there is nothing to do about that until it gets fixed server-side right?
    We're somehow avoiding the problem with automation, so if we can narrow down exactly what our score senders are doing to get around this issue, then we can modify Ruffle's submission to avoid it as well. That wouldn't require the Neopets team to fix anything.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (09-12-2023),Synth Salazzle (09-13-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I've also heard before sending your score, if you refresh Neo in another tab and then send the score it sends and avoids the stackpath errors.

Anyhow, did they fix the issue where the mines wouldn't collide with each other that existed when the game came back?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (09-12-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    (you need an account to see links), just in case you're bumping into it while you play games, price your shop's inventory, select items from your safety deposit box, organize your gallery, or any other time consuming activity that triggers it. The issue with Dubloon Disaster isn't StackPath though. I get the same error regardless of how quickly I beat the game, and it comes from the Neopets server itself - not StackPath.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Null_user (09-12-2023),Synth Salazzle (09-13-2023)