Thread: How to Motivate Yourself to Stay Fit!

Hybrid View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

How to Motivate Yourself to Stay Fit!

Something has happened!
    The Swamp Ghoul says 'I will eat your Neopets for breakfast...'

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Finding motivation is hard. I have always always always been a sedentary person, I hated gym class in school tried to get out of it as much as I could, greatly dislike playing sports and never will, I have zero interest in being in pain from exercise for days on end and the amount of work needed in the very long time is just incredibly hard to look past. Many people get the "runners high" or the workout high of sorts to keep them going and motivated but me I just end up exhausted and in pain (not painful just sore), even with minimal effort simply because I am so sedentary. Very hard to find motivation when everything causes you to be very sore and exhausted.

It is rough but at the same time I know I should probably at least stretch so I have begun doing that. And I know I should at least do something to keep up a toned body, I would by no means think of joining a gym-just not my thing, or thinking I should completely overhaul my life to become fit but I would consider doing a routine at home and I have begun to look into that. I don't know, exercise just sucks lol and knowing that it is going to take at minimum a few months to see even a little bit of results is daunting to say the least.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    104d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Finding motivation is hard. I have always always always been a sedentary person, I hated gym class in school tried to get out of it as much as I could, greatly dislike playing sports and never will, I have zero interest in being in pain from exercise for days on end and the amount of work needed in the very long time is just incredibly hard to look past. Many people get the "runners high" or the workout high of sorts to keep them going and motivated but me I just end up exhausted and in pain (not painful just sore), even with minimal effort simply because I am so sedentary. Very hard to find motivation when everything causes you to be very sore and exhausted. Like she said in the first post, take it a step at a time. Yeah you're going to be sore for a little bit. But work past it. This might sound weird, but I like being a little sore. It makes me feel accomplished. Yeah it can be annoying, but it shows that you've been doing something. And anything is better than nothing. :3

It is rough but at the same time I know I should probably at least stretch so I have begun doing that. And I know I should at least do something to keep up a toned body, I would by no means think of joining a gym-just not my thing, or thinking I should completely overhaul my life to become fit but I would consider doing a routine at home and I have begun to look into that. I don't know, exercise just sucks lol and knowing that it is going to take at minimum a few months to see even a little bit of results is daunting to say the least.
    Yeah that's definitely a problem. But I mean, you don't have to go all out at once. Like

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

omfg My computer hates me. I'll edit this post to include the rest later. Why does it do this? It doesn't post a bunch of what I typed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    And if you get a partner like a friend to help you workout it really does help you do the most that you can