6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Congrats on the RV

My summer has been pretty good, met up with old friends and colleagues, had a house warming party with my sister, and over all had a great summer!

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Charmander (08-21-2023)

Pronouns
    βš”οΈ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    GWN thanks for sharing your story. It sounds wonderfully packed with adventure. I wish i had that much lol

As a short summary aside from tragedy i gained 3 little sisters. We all had gone to the beach at the dunes where my sister and i used to go prior to 23'

We've gone to bristol renfaire and we all dressed up. it was wayyyyy ! way to hot to support an assassins creed outfit. the girls were dressed as little elves for that day. We did all kinds of adventuring and they had so much fun.

My cousin moved in and her and i basically have been bonding over all of whats happening.

I even got to see friends from cali. All in all it seems life is moving semi quick but slow enough to enjoy all of these little things. im very grateful for the company that i keep. that includes all of you here. so thank you guys ^_^

hope yall have a wonderful rest of the summer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

birdies (08-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Where I live it feels like we had a brief summer in June and then summer evacuated and gave us non-stop rain. It hasn't been warm at all. I'm thinking of seeing if I can afford a short break somewhere just to get that vitamin D.

My brain seems to do a weird switch off in July - it did last year and has again this year, so I'm really sorry to anyone I hadn't replied to in that time. I get very scatty. I am finally getting on ADHD meds and I'm interested to see what they might do for my productivity rate, as it's been trash for much too long.

I feel like this isn't a cheery update but please universe, bless me with some late summer sun and I'll be happy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Charmander (08-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    17d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Oooh river tubing sounds like a bunch of fen. We have a river here where you can do day floats. It has been on my bucket list to do for sure! I went to Vegas like well over 10 years ago now I think. It was loads of fun though. I did like Freemont Street alot. It was.really cool but oh man do they pour stiff drinks. Then we got the dumb idea to walk from Freemont to the main strip. I 12/10 do not recommend doing so.
    Yes, you should definitely give river tubing a try! As someone who is not super adventurous I had an amazing time both trips! The river can be unpredictable though, so there were many items lost and even some tubes flipped lol

We also tried to walk from Fremont all the way to the Main Strip. After about 30 mins of walking, we eventually caved in and took an Uber the rest of the way hahaha. It was extremely hot and quite a long walk, so I'm not really sure what we were thinking. ^^;

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Patamon For This Useful Post:

Charmander (08-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I usually hate the summer months, and just power through work.

However, this summer I took a few trips that will go down in the history books.

I surprised a friend in Cleveland for her birthday. I drove 6 hours to get there, and surprised her literally minutes before her birthday party was supposed to start.

Two weeks after that, I flew to Vegas to spend an extended weekend with the same group of friends for another birthday celebration (dirty 30). Probably one of the best times in Vegas. So much food and fun. I absolutely loved every minute of it.

Thank you Hellraid <3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Charmander (08-21-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    163d 14h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    This summer is ending roughly.

We listed our house. Accepted an offer. Offered on a 2nd house.

Got most everything done with both escrows.

And now a huge fire is just north of us taking out all our power and internet.
    Been 4 days of cold showers and charging our phones with the truck.
    And today the winds have picked up likely do to the hurricane that hit lower California.

With any luck the escrow on our current house will close on my birthday and we will be in our new home on the same day!

It's been a stressful month. But send us some positive vibes!!!

The fire has no containment last I checked and is over 30k acres.
    Likely no power for 2-3 more days.

We've lost all the food in our refrigerator. But all the animals are well and we're roughing it out x).

On a positive note:

We visited Kansas a few months ago and loved the area and the people.
    It's were we are deciding to call home next.

We visited our favorite river spots here because we won't be visiting here again for a while.

Off to our next chapter!
    Recap Photos:
    Last edited by Pidgey; 08-21-2023 at 06:38 PM.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    β™‘ Lyrichord β™‘

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (08-21-2023),kittyray (08-21-2023)

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 17h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    Although it's not Summer here in Australia, we still achieved something amazing, my wife and I started building our new house <3 It's been a long time in the process of pre-construction, but FINALLY we can see things starting to come together! Today marked a milestone, the concrete slab was poured! Exciting times ahead. Now, we just need this Winter weather to turn into Spring/Summer weather to make things move along a bit quicker. I hate delays due to bad weather at this time of year :'(

That's so great! Congrats on builing! I always find it strange when I see new homes being built that don't have basements since like almost every home around here has one. Congrats and happy home building!

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Been unfortunately busy with work and haven't had much time for vacations. The weather kept getting so hot I've been eating more ice cream than I'm supposed to!
    Me and a friend did plan to go to a local amusement park during the Labor day weekend! Lower prices and crowd along with a (hopefully) tamer weather. So I'm looking forward to that~.

Also summer can't end because CS2 isn't out yet haha... valve please.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rinon For This Useful Post:

Charmander (08-24-2023)

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 17h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I did rotations in Spinal Injuries/Rehab, Consult Psychiatry, and Research (aka just working on my research project HAHA it's not really a rotation). I honestly think my happiness is affected by how much light I get to see in the hospital LAKJSDLKJG. But I will say that Psych had some... very pleasant, albeit interesting, patients!
    Oh wow those are some nice rotations and a good variety. Good luck on your research project!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    GWN thanks for sharing your story. It sounds wonderfully packed with adventure. I wish i had that much lol

As a short summary aside from tragedy i gained 3 little sisters. We all had gone to the beach at the dunes where my sister and i used to go prior to 23'

We've gone to bristol renfaire and we all dressed up. it was wayyyyy ! way to hot to support an assassins creed outfit. the girls were dressed as little elves for that day. We did all kinds of adventuring and they had so much fun.

My cousin moved in and her and i basically have been bonding over all of whats happening.

I even got to see friends from cali. All in all it seems life is moving semi quick but slow enough to enjoy all of these little things. im very grateful for the company that i keep. that includes all of you here. so thank you guys ^_^

hope yall have a wonderful rest of the summer.
    I am glad you are able to find a silver lining in the strife you went through and that your summer has turned around and you are building some good memories out of tragedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    This summer is ending roughly.

We listed our house. Accepted an offer. Offered on a 2nd house.

Got most everything done with both escrows.

And now a huge fire is just north of us taking out all our power and internet.
    Been 4 days of cold showers and charging our phones with the truck.
    And today the winds have picked up likely do to the hurricane that hit lower California.

With any luck the escrow on our current house will close on my birthday and we will be in our new home on the same day!

It's been a stressful month. But send us some positive vibes!!!

The fire has no containment last I checked and is over 30k acres.
    Likely no power for 2-3 more days.

We've lost all the food in our refrigerator. But all the animals are well and we're roughing it out x).

On a positive note:

We visited Kansas a few months ago and loved the area and the people.
    It's were we are deciding to call home next.

We visited our favorite river spots here because we won't be visiting here again for a while.

Off to our next chapter!
    Recap Photos:
    Thank you for sharing these amazing photos Pigeon. PLease stay safe! We are dealing with some bad fires here as well. All the best with the home sale and purchase as well!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Aero (08-22-2023),Excalibur (08-22-2023),Pidgey (08-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    26d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Thanks for sharing your summer GWN - sounds like youre living life to the fullest!

It's winter in Australia but at the same time, winter in Australia is pretty much summer in most places so it's been wonderful doing coastal walks and still heading to the beach with the partner

γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€γ€€ γ€€γ€€ γ€€γ€€ γ€€ γ€€ γ€€γ€€ γ€€ γ€€β—ž thank you @KJiU for my Sunflower scene + @kittyray for my lion!

Profile Picture by Lyricchord & Signature from /~Stoffig

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uma For This Useful Post:

Aero (08-22-2023),Charmander (08-24-2023)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast