Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

[GUIDE] Pokémon Sleep: Making Pokémon Happy

Pokémon Sleep Happiness Guide

In Pokémon Sleep, the primary goal is to take care of your Pokémon by ensuring they have a consistent and healthy sleep schedule. To effectively care for your Pokémon and make progress in the game, it's crucial to that you helper Pokémon are happy and energized. Happiness and energy levels in Pokémon Sleep are closely linked, meaning that energizing your Pokémon is vital to maintaining their overall happiness.

I myself have been wondering how you can effectively make and keep you helper Pokémon happy. And therefore, thought I'd put my research down in this guide, so as to help everyone else trying to play the game! This guide provides various tips and strategies on how to boost your Pokémon's energy, allowing them to stay happy and content.

How to Check Your Pokémon's Happiness

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

When you tap on a Pokémon out on the field that is not holding any Berries or ingredients, you will be shown an icon that lets you know if your Pokémon is happy or tired. If you want to see how your Pokémon are feeling, you can also look in your Pokémon Box or your Active Helper Team where a little bar should be able to tell you their mood and how much energy they have left.

Effects of Low Energy

As with any other workforce, Helper Pokémon lose interest in their job when certain conditions are not met. Unhappy Pokémon will stop gathering Berries and Ingredients.

To ensure your Pokémon can provide effective help in raising Snorlax, it's essential to monitor their energy levels regularly. Make sure they have sufficient energy by either increasing their energy through proper rest or by swapping them out for happy and energized Pokémon from your Helper Team. This way, you can optimize their contributions and overall productivity. A Pokémon you befriend during Snack Time after a Sleep Session will always have 100% energy.

How to make them Happy

There are three main ways to do this, Sleeping, Energy Pillows, and Charge Energy Skills.

Sleep

Your Pokémon will receive an equivalent amount of rest as you do. To ensure they get sufficient rest, aim for a high Sleep Score. Your Sleep Score will determine the percentage of energy your Pokémon will regain during their rest.

To boost the energy levels of your chosen Pokémon, make sure they are part of your active Helper Team. Only the Pokémon in your active Helper Team will gain energy while you sleep. The Pokémon designated as the Leader of your Helper Team will be prominently displayed on your Sleep Session screen.

(you need an account to see links)

Your Sleep Score can go up to 100 if you sleep for 8 hours and 30 minutes. This score and time can be divided between the two Sleep Sessions you're allowed to have in a day.

Use a Recovery Incense for Naps

When you anticipate having a brief Sleep Session, you have the option to use a Recovery Incense, which will double the amount of energy your Pokémon will gain. This is useful even if your Sleep Score is low because the Recovery Incense can still make a notable difference in the energy they regain.

However, using the Recovery Incense may not be worthwhile if you expect your Sleep Score to be in the single digits, typically achieved by sleeping for approximately 30 minutes or less. Additionally, it is not recommended to use the Recovery Incense if you anticipate having a full night of sleep, as the regular rest should suffice in this case.

Use an Energy Pillow

When you find yourself lacking time for a proper sleep session, you have the option to use an Energy Pillow. It is a one-time use item that can replenish 50% of a Pokémon's energy.

While the Energy Pillow proves to be a handy solution for a single Pokémon that requires a quick energy boost, it may not be the most convenient item if multiple Pokémon in your team are in need of additional energy. Nevertheless, it serves as a valuable item to have in emergencies, especially when a specific Pokémon in your team possesses a crucial ingredient or skill but is too fatigued to offer help.

Charge Energy Skills

In Pokémon Sleep, there are several Skills that can boost the energy levels of your Helper Team, making them highly valuable. These Skills include Charge Energy, Energizing Cheer, and Energy for Everyone.

The Charge Energy Skill exclusively benefits the Pokémon using it. It becomes particularly useful for Pokémon you might want to substitute in for tired ones, allowing them to recover their energy quickly. This skill can restore 12 energy points to your Pokémon helper and increase their happiness. The Pokémon and their evolutions listed below are those who possess the Charge Energy Skill:

On the other hand, both Energizing Cheer and Energy for Everyone raise the energy levels of other Pokémon on your team.

The Energizing Cheer Skill restores 14 energy points to a random team member. The Pokémon and their evolutions listed below are those who possess the Energizing Cheer Skill:

Leafeon

Energy for Everyone restores 5 Energy to each helper Pokémon on your team. The Pokémon and their evolutions listed below are those who possess the Energy for Everyone Skill:

Having one Pokémon with either of these Skills in your Helper Team plays a vital role, acting as a healer to keep everyone content and in good health.

It's essential to remember that all of these Skills are considered Main Skills, which means they will randomly activate when you tap on the Pokémon possessing the Skill.

Hope this guide can help you all to keep your Helper Pokémon happy, and make stronger Snorlax, which will get you more and more Pokémon! I'll keep this guide updated if new Pokémon or skilles are released in the future!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

cactiyote (08-12-2023),Charmander (08-06-2023),k9427 (02-03-2024),KJiU (08-06-2023),Maneki Neko (08-06-2023)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 10h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Great guide and thanks for this! Would it be worthwhile using Recovery Inscence for nights you know you will not get sufficient sleep? Say if I know I will only.get maybe 5 hours? Then that should help my whole team and then have to rely less on Energy Pillows

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Infected (08-07-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Great guide and thanks for this! Would it be worthwhile using Recovery Inscence for nights you know you will not get sufficient sleep? Say if I know I will only.get maybe 5 hours? Then that should help my whole team and then have to rely less on Energy Pillows
    Ideally yes. The way the game calculates it, is if you get 8h30m of sleep it gives you 100 (full) points. Although it counts the time you're "actually sleeping" so what you may think is 8h30m, the game might only count 6-7 hours off because it leaves you mic on and listens to sounds. So 5 hour sleep would in certain cases only count as 4 hours or less sometimes. So I'd say 4-5 hours would be the ideal amount of tie to use the Incense because doubling that time would equate to a full 8h30m of sleep.

Does that make sense?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Charmander (08-07-2023)