Thread: Gargoyles - Stone by day, Warriors by night (New decade, new comics!)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

Gargoyles - Stone by day, Warriors by night (New decade, new comics!)

Idk if my account is too low rep for this but I didn't see a gargoyles thread anywhere!

This is for Greg Weisman's series with Disney from the 90s and the following comic runs...including some brand new ones this year.

That's the main reason I'm making this- the new comics. Both the basic one and Dark Ages have made it to shelves here and I'm up to date. What do other fans think of them? I'm excited we got our first look at Hyppolyta.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

My favourites are Hudson, Fox, Coldstone, Demona and Bronx. And Gabriel just cus he's pretty.

Edit for useful links:
    (you need an account to see links) l (you need an account to see links) l (you need an account to see links) l (you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Toodaloo; 07-28-2023 at 02:29 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toodaloo For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-28-2023),j03 (07-27-2023),mixednuts (07-30-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    130 times
    Time Online
    138d 5h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    I rewatched the series on Disney+ last year, albeit with the exception of season 3. This series was so good. 🥲

I'm following the two comic series, too. I tune out the gang/mafia stuff in the main series a bit, admittedly. I'm excited for the Dark Ages series because I feel like their history hasn't been explored much, and it's a breath of fresh air to not have plots centred around Xanatos.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Oh man I heard about this recently; I loved the animated series when I was a kid! Didn't know it was on Disney+ (because I don't have a sub) but maybe I will have to get one in order to cross a bunch of things off my to-watch list. Sounds like the comics got a really good reception, is the only way to read them through buying them physically? (sorry I am a manga reader and there are online reading sites for just about everything so I wasn't sure if the same held true for western comics)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    I rewatched the series on Disney+ last year, albeit with the exception of season 3. This series was so good. 🥲

I'm following the two comic series, too. I tune out the gang/mafia stuff in the main series a bit, admittedly. I'm excited for the Dark Ages series because I feel like their history hasn't been explored much, and it's a breath of fresh air to not have plots centred around Xanatos.
    Me too re: mafia stuff. I don't remember who is who by the time the next issue comes out (call me a bad fan...). Dark Ages has so much potential- I love seeing Goliath as his younger, not-leading self and with Hudson in charge. There's apparently also a halloween special coming, featuring Nash, but i'm much more interested in the Scotland stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Oh man I heard about this recently; I loved the animated series when I was a kid! Didn't know it was on Disney+ (because I don't have a sub) but maybe I will have to get one in order to cross a bunch of things off my to-watch list. Sounds like the comics got a really good reception, is the only way to read them through buying them physically? (sorry I am a manga reader and there are online reading sites for just about everything so I wasn't sure if the same held true for western comics)
    Yeah it's on D+ and there are also nice DVDs available with the whole series. I'm not sure about the comics, I'm almost certain there ARE digital options cus I swore I saw someone talking about a special reader version on Weisman's website....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Toodaloo For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    130 times
    Time Online
    138d 5h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post

And yes, there are digital versions of the comics.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

Ice (08-01-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m