Thread: Anyone still playing or returning to Black Desert Online for freebies ?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Anyone still playing or returning to Black Desert Online for freebies ?

So I went to dl BDO sea and played for awhile yesterday xD as I recently notice the event whereas they give you a free T9 Dream horse in BDO (selection of your choice - Unicorn / Doom / Pegasus) seems like it is ending soon.

(you need an account to see links)

(Event period: June 21, 2023 (Wed) after maintenance - July 26 August 30, 2023 (Wed) before maintenance)

I find it a perfect time now since they also have a event by playing through 15day free trial also getting to lv50 during the event period they reward you with a Perma pass.

Was wondering if anyone has return or playing BDO haha.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I have never really got into the game, but I did try for like...5 min one time lol
    It looks interesting and seems fun! But I think it was the combat style to pushed me away ):

But it does keep showing up for me... so maybe I need to give it another try

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

KJiU (07-24-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) is BDO still on a subscription based model? Personally I just really cannot get behind subscriptions for anything (if I can play f2p and have the option to spend $ on microtransactions or whatever that's fine, just at least the base game should be free lol) but if you can redeem the mount permanently for no effort then maybe I will install it just for that. xD Pretty sure the last time I thought about BDO was when it was just released and all my friends were grinding it like crazy lol.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) is BDO still on a subscription based model? Personally I just really cannot get behind subscriptions for anything (if I can play f2p and have the option to spend $ on microtransactions or whatever that's fine, just at least the base game should be free lol) but if you can redeem the mount permanently for no effort then maybe I will install it just for that. xD Pretty sure the last time I thought about BDO was when it was just released and all my friends were grinding it like crazy lol.
    Its not a monthly sub is a 1 purchase thingy. You need to buy the perma pass once to play it forever for NA/EU/SEA. Kr and Jp is totally free lol. But with the free 15day Trial could make use of it with the bunch of event stuffs so i think it might be a nice timing to hop in although i think the festia (one of their event) will end today . I was at the sea sever so i think the event duration might differ between NA vs Sea didn't dig into that.

I read somewhere BDO whaling doesn't really make a diff besides early geared. $$ are mostly on cosmetics and slots expansion i guess

And an interesting thing that i notice between NA vs SEA

NA on the left and SEA on the right side

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    Its not a monthly sub is a 1 purchase thingy. You need to buy the perma pass once to play it forever for NA/EU/SEA. Kr and Jp is totally free lol. But with the free 15day Trial could make use of it with the bunch of event stuffs so i think it might be a nice timing to hop in although i think the festia (one of their event) will end today . I was at the sea sever so i think the event duration might differ between NA vs Sea didn't dig into that.

I read somewhere BDO whaling doesn't really make a diff besides early geared. $$ are mostly on cosmetics and slots expansion i guess

And an interesting thing that i notice between NA vs SEA

NA on the left and SEA on the right side

Augh I've been so busy the past couple of days and haven't had time to be online, did I miss the horse thing? x( I saw it said it's available before the 26th maintenance and due to the time difference, I am assuming the maintenance already happened?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Augh I've been so busy the past couple of days and haven't had time to be online, did I miss the horse thing? x( I saw it said it's available before the 26th maintenance and due to the time difference, I am assuming the maintenance already happened?
    They extend to the 30th so u still have time, u can still try it xD it should be still around. But i realized something on BDO is that its so CPU intensive my legion 5 was going at 70+- 81 which is pretty hot

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-26-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    They extend to the 30th so u still have time, u can still try it xD it should be still around. But i realized something on BDO is that its so CPU intensive my legion 5 was going at 70+- 81 which is pretty hot
    So I maybe "bought" it for free during an old promotion where it was one of those "add the game to your library during this time frame and keep it forever" type events? xD I don't know! This shows up in my steam library... I will download it tonight and give it a go. Thanks for the info! I love free shit! 😂

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    So I maybe "bought" it for free during an old promotion where it was one of those "add the game to your library during this time frame and keep it forever" type events? xD I don't know! This shows up in my steam library... I will download it tonight and give it a go. Thanks for the info! I love free shit! 😂

Oh nice haha xD , yeah they still giving free stuffs xD