3/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    I feel this. I'm sorry you went through an abusive relationship btw. That's really messed up that people bring themselves to do that. I feel that I've hardened myself since a very young age, so I kind of closed myself off, but I'm ok with that? I feel like I wouldn't be a good girlfriend anyway in that I've never really been physically affectionate, even though I care a great deal about people.
    As you said, I don't think it's for me, but also, yes, I love seeing people happy with other people. Like, I'm a huge sucker for classic true love romance stories because I'm like "YES! You guys are good for each other and make each other happy!!" but can't imagine myself in that role lol.
    Have you ever heard of aromanticism? You sound like you might be aromantic! There are definitely people out there who aren't really into the romance in a relationship and actually shy from that, so I wouldn't lose hope!

I'm the opposite and love romance and affection but the sexual stuff isn't anything I care too much about.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what a great post for Valentine's Day!

How long was your longest relationship?
    My current relationship! It's been about three years and running. Long distance for a year and a half of that, which sucks! I joke that we went from living two blocks away from each other to two states away from each other

Do you believe in soulmates? Think you found yours?
    I don't know if I believe in soulmates but my boyfriend and I came from essentially two identical families (except with he has a brother and I have a sister) - but the family dynamics are almost identical so as a result anything family related I never have to explain because his family is exactly the same as mine. A nosy overbearing tiger mother, a chill engineering dad, and a younger sibling who is the "cooler" one and who is very into food. So that similarity has been invaluable. And even though we have very different preferences, our mindsets and perspectives in a lot of things are very similar, so we get where the other is coming from even if we don't have the same "taste" in things. So at least in those regards our relationship works incredibly well.

Gush about your significant other below! How amazing are they?
    One of my many favorite things about my boyfriend is how affectionate he is. Even though on the outside (and even from far away) he's cool as a cucumber, when he's with me he's so incredibly sweet. He looks out for me (I tend to be quite clumsy and unobservant) because he's the complete opposite, and I help lighten him up when he's just worried about everything. Somehow he's amazing with both words (even though normally he's not so great with words) and how he treats me and so incredibly affectionate in private that I absolutely love being with him, and he says he feels the same from me. He wavers between "I'm not sure if I know what love is" and showering me with so much love that there's no doubt that he feels it. I don't know how to explain it - I can just tell it comes from within him.

Also, I can tell that communication didn't originally naturally come to him but he's been really good at it. Both of us can be incredibly blunt/honest with the other (in constructive ways, of course) and we don't wince when the things we say would throw others into a fit or seem societally unacceptable.

Oh and to add to the first point about longest relationship - something my bf always writes in the cards (that he hates and only writes because I tell him how much they mean to me) is that he's really happy that he's my longest relationship and is happy to be continuing to break my record for longest relationship, hahaha
    Last edited by lluvia; 02-11-2024 at 10:43 PM.
    Thank you for taking care of my Ryu, Bunbun!