DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Gotta hate the cold, miserable grey rainy days here in Australia at the moment. I don't mind Winter so much, I'm not too worried about the cold weather, but, we're just about to start building a house, so not the best time to be trying to pour a slab of concrete right now :/ Don't get me started on the weeds that seem to instantly pop up overnight as soon as Winter begins either. I spent a good two hours just trying to mow/slash our block of land that needs to be as clear as possible of all vegetation before the builder starts. I don't wish to cop a fee of almost $3K due to 'excessive vegetation' in our top soil that gets removed when they prep the build site.

We don't generally get snow here where I am, in the hills on the odd occasion there will be a light 'dusting' of snow so to speak, but never anything too adverse. Always wanted to visit the snow fields in Victoria to take the kids snowboarding/skiing etc, hopefully planning on a trip over there next Winter at some point.

I used to play ice hockey when I was a kid too, loved being on the ice, got pretty good at skating when I played. I ended up giving the sport up when I busted my leg after a heavy check into the sidewall of the rink. Kind of miss it a bit, but these days I'm too brittle to even think about getting back out there to try haha #oldmanprobs.

One thing I do enjoy about the Winter here though is the lush green landscape that magically appears after months of dry ass grass and dead plants. I've been enjoying the opportunity to get some nice photos with my drone of the current state of the landscape near me.
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-13-2023),phantasia (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by ireailes View Post
    Cold here in Australia!! I wear 5 layers to work hahaha
    I think most I have worn are 3 layers. It's complicated for me because I always have this problem like "it's too cold I need more clothes" and "too much clothes I'm going to sweat ugg" I don't know if others feel this or it's just me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    Gotta hate the cold, miserable grey rainy days here in Australia at the moment. I don't mind Winter so much, I'm not too worried about the cold weather, but, we're just about to start building a house, so not the best time to be trying to pour a slab of concrete right now :/ Don't get me started on the weeds that seem to instantly pop up overnight as soon as Winter begins either. I spent a good two hours just trying to mow/slash our block of land that needs to be as clear as possible of all vegetation before the builder starts. I don't wish to cop a fee of almost $3K due to 'excessive vegetation' in our top soil that gets removed when they prep the build site.

We don't generally get snow here where I am, in the hills on the odd occasion there will be a light 'dusting' of snow so to speak, but never anything too adverse. Always wanted to visit the snow fields in Victoria to take the kids snowboarding/skiing etc, hopefully planning on a trip over there next Winter at some point.

I used to play ice hockey when I was a kid too, loved being on the ice, got pretty good at skating when I played. I ended up giving the sport up when I busted my leg after a heavy check into the sidewall of the rink. Kind of miss it a bit, but these days I'm too brittle to even think about getting back out there to try haha #oldmanprobs.

One thing I do enjoy about the Winter here though is the lush green landscape that magically appears after months of dry ass grass and dead plants. I've been enjoying the opportunity to get some nice photos with my drone of the current state of the landscape near me.
    That would be an amazing trip for sure! It makes me realize that I never got severely hurt as a kid, I did some skating and I remember lending my skates to another boy who unfortunately have a bad fall and hurt his leg too, poor buddy. Right now? I think I'll go slowly skating because as you said not younger anymore haha

Besides I'm the kind of person that never learnt how to ride a bycycle, shame shame on me

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3