Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Mew Available in game again!!

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    It would take me literal years to reach lvl 40, spin 151 stops and walk 151 km. rip. Has shiny mew been available in any other kind of way?
    I remember all the legit and non legit grinding until level 40, wonderful memories back then. Last I saw they released more levels so no idea how hard is to level up again.

There was one event or quest to get Meow but I have no idea if the shiny was a possibility. Maybe there was another event I'm not aware of?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Wow it's been 7 years already...! That's so crazy, I still very vividly remember the PoGo craze in my area when it was released, playing with strangers and friends and coworkers during lunch breaks, walking and driving around at night for raids and gym battles. Honestly I was super sad when it turned to such a monetization heavy model and I just couldn't mentally keep up with the grind but I was very proud to have achieved level 30 in the early years. But I have to agree as a player who has been out of the circuit for years those tasks seem very steep 😱 maybe if there isn't a deadline on when you can finish the quests by (not sure how it works) but I still couldn't rationalize a 5$ purchase like that haha. Still very cute and I love that the game continues to receive support and updates!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Slowpoke (07-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

I can help you complete the first 151. Hit me up what you need I got you
    sadly, JUST Mew is missing for me which I think can't be traded easily since it would take a billion stardust? I'll def hit you up though, I would love to get through this special research and hate being dissuaded by this one thing.

this special research very much leans into the marathon aspect of the game...it will also probably be another couple years before I hit level 40 but I like the thought of slowly chipping away at it in the meantime. I have been really pleasantly surprised since picking the game back up how much faster it feels to level up. I'm level 38, ~1.2M XP in and 2.7M away from level 39 and I think I only hit level 38 within the past month. It's flying by a lot faster than I thought it would by PoGo standards at least.

@(you need an account to see links) - there's no deadline to finish special research stuff like this. I've been sitting on one for like four years now because I can't catch a Ditto in the wild to save my life. I've got 10 different special research tracks open right now and just slowly grind them out over time.
    Last edited by Alister; 07-06-2023 at 02:14 PM.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-06-2023),Pidgey (07-06-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    im so happy this is here! about halfway done with step one hehe >3

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Is this mew transferable to Pokemon Home*?

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    163d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m

I can help with completing Dex entries dont let that deter you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    It would take me literal years to reach lvl 40, spin 151 stops and walk 151 km. rip. Has shiny mew been available in any other kind of way?
    It was available in a similar research last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Wow it's been 7 years already...! That's so crazy, I still very vividly remember the PoGo craze in my area when it was released, playing with strangers and friends and coworkers during lunch breaks, walking and driving around at night for raids and gym battles. Honestly I was super sad when it turned to such a monetization heavy model and I just couldn't mentally keep up with the grind but I was very proud to have achieved level 30 in the early years. But I have to agree as a player who has been out of the circuit for years those tasks seem very steep 😱 maybe if there isn't a deadline on when you can finish the quests by (not sure how it works) but I still couldn't rationalize a 5$ purchase like that haha. Still very cute and I love that the game continues to receive support and updates!
    Generally there is no time limit. You have the research until you complete it. If you want the shiny it's worth the buy. Who knows when it will be available again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    sadly, JUST Mew is missing for me which I think can't be traded easily since it would take a billion stardust? I'll def hit you up though, I would love to get through this special research and hate being dissuaded by this one thing.

this special research very much leans into the marathon aspect of the game...it will also probably be another couple years before I hit level 40 but I like the thought of slowly chipping away at it in the meantime. I have been really pleasantly surprised since picking the game back up how much faster it feels to level up. I'm level 38, ~1.2M XP in and 2.7M away from level 39 and I think I only hit level 38 within the past month. It's flying by a lot faster than I thought it would by PoGo standards at least.

@(you need an account to see links) - there's no deadline to finish special research stuff like this. I've been sitting on one for like four years now because I can't catch a Ditto in the wild to save my life. I've got 10 different special research tracks open right now and just slowly grind them out over time.
    It is worth it to watch for spotlight hours that offer double xp for catching then using a lucky egg to get even more xp!

Lots of ways to level up quick!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kibba View Post
    Is this mew transferable to Pokemon Home*?
    I've never transfered to home before. BUT Google says you can x)

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

Kibba (07-06-2023),Patamon (07-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Oh good lord I am so dumb, I assumed because I only had 150/151 of the Kanto dex that I must not have Mew. No, I do have Mew. It's Kangaskhan. I totally forgot about regional locked Pokemon e_e maybe mega Kanga will come back in raids soon or something.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (07-06-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    My brother is in the same boat as I am with the Pokemon and such, but since it seems we DO need the original 151, I think we're both out of luck for Mew lol

I need to see if there were other ways to get a legit shiny Mew.

Oh, but I did catch a 3-star Event Bulbasaur an hour ago!
    Sucks that they cant evolve, but Squirtle and Charmander can

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (07-06-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    163d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    My brother is in the same boat as I am with the Pokemon and such, but since it seems we DO need the original 151, I think we're both out of luck for Mew lol

I need to see if there were other ways to get a legit shiny Mew.

Oh, but I did catch a 3-star Event Bulbasaur an hour ago!
    Sucks that they cant evolve, but Squirtle and Charmander can

Charmander only got the option a year ago. Squirtle was this year. I assume Bulbasaur will be soon. So I am catching extra now ahahaha.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (07-06-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Charmander only got the option a year ago. Squirtle was this year. I assume Bulbasaur will be soon. So I am catching extra now ahahaha.
    Oh, mkay! That's pretty neat at least.
    Im gonna hold on to my little Bulba and hope I can make em big and strong! lol

And I looked at my lv, and Im still only 32 lol
    I use to be super active when I would walk my brother to school, but ever since his friend started to give him a ride, I haven't really played much.
    This was years ago that we stopped though. But we still play here and there!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (07-06-2023)