Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m

Linkedin Learnig

Hi everyone

Who uses, and knows about Linkedin Learning? It has a lot of courses and I watched some and they are not bad at all.
    Here are my questions: So after you have watched them you can link them to your LinkedIn profile but do potential employers care?
    I mean there is no mean of evaluations after a course... so in essencia how can you say you gained a skill but you could have been just running the video and not even listening.
    I don't know if as a employer would give any notice to it?

I am thinking of doing some just for myself but not posting them necessarily to my profile unless it was specifically good and I want to maybe encourage more people to watch.

(we get free access through the university so I want to use it while I can)
    What do you guys think?

Shit I made a typo in the topic

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I can;t answer for if employers really care for it, but the two things I will say are;

Another thing on your profile is always better than it not being there at all from an employers perspective. And second but most important, since you said you want to do it for yourself and that you have free access, you should definitely do it anyway. If you do learn a skill that's a bonus, even if you don't, you still attempted to learn something new and will gain some knowledge or insights from it. So yeah, definitely do it anyway, whether to post or not, you can decide after!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    157d 6h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 20m
    I've done a few of these just as refreshers basically in my line of work, they effectively are there for you to broaden your knowlege/refresh if you haven't touched on the subjects in some time. To answer your question though, employers generally won't care if you've completed them because LinkedIn Learning isn't accredited. The certificates are also not endorsed or recognized by third-parties.

Exactly as you said, you can literally just put the video on in the background and walk away. LinkedIn Learning detecs that once all videos in a particular course have run through, the certificate is then automatically generated to which you can link to your profile.

I still think they're helpful training/learning tools especially if they are at your disposal for free. However if you're sole intention is for them to be recognized by potential employers I wouldn't put the time and effort into them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Soap For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (07-05-2023)