Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The last Airbender - Live action first look!

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

Avatar: The last Airbender - Live action first look!

The Netflix live Action ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ comes out next year (2024). And FINALLY here’s the first look!

(you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)

“Avatar: The Last Airbender live action I feel like is going to bring everything you know and love about the original series
    back to life and hopefully [it will] just bring a bunch of new fans who have never heard [of] the show before into this universe,
    and to me that’s pretty exciting. I’m a fan of the show personally, and I’m just excited for this as you guys are.”

Said Cormier, who plays the show’s titular hero, when he and his co-stars took the stage at Tudum on Saturday.

Gordon Cormier will star as Aang, the fearless, easygoing 12-year-old who is keeper of the world’s balance and peace.
    He’ll be joined by Kiawentiio as waterbender Katara, Ian Ousley as her brother, Sokka, and Dallas Liu as firebending
    royalty, Zuko. Here’s a peek at each of them in costume.

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-20-2023),Cat Purrson (06-20-2023),♥ Cerberus ♥ (06-23-2023),Ember (06-20-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (06-19-2023),Hollow (06-20-2023),Ice (06-19-2023),kittyray (06-19-2023),Lyrichord (06-19-2023),Mario2302 (06-19-2023),♥ pppp3 ♥ (06-19-2023),Teakwood (06-19-2023),Zenitsu (06-19-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    God I'm such a huge ATLA fan (paging @(you need an account to see links) ) and I'm honestly really excited for this! The casting looks pretty phenomenal (but let's be real... the bar was six feet deep...) and I'm hoping they do not only the story but the different cultures and bending/special effects justice.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (06-20-2023),Ember (06-20-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I'm really excited to see where they end up going with this! Going from animation to live action can be a tough challenge, but I like what they've done with it so far.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    That trailer was extremely disappointing. Nothing exciting to look forward to there at all, but I’m still interested to watch this! Netflix really pumping out the content lately!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    The first release photos look great. That's a teaser for than a trailer if anything haha. I think this is going to be a good series!
    I also found this info:

-10 hour-long episodes were expected, but it’s been reported that it’ll be 8. The Writers for each episode have been revealed.
    - The series uses groundbreaking new LED technology while filming that’s gained it a Guinness World Record.
    - It’s one of Netflix’s most expensive shows reportedly costing $15 million per episode for a total of $120 million for season 1 alone.
    - Filming ran until June 2022.
    - The original creators of the Nickelodeon series are not involved in the production.
    - The show will debut in 2024, as revealed at Netflix TUDUM Brazil in June 2023.

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Ember (06-20-2023),Ice (06-20-2023),Kibba (06-20-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    That trailer was extremely disappointing. Nothing exciting to look forward to there at all, but I’m still interested to watch this! Netflix really pumping out the content lately!
    Hahahaha well, It's just a tittle reveal more than a trailer, a teaser to tell people: ''ok, look, we're working on this'' and for me, the tittle looks very very good, that gold in the flag, and the elements
    Buuut, yeah, we'll see what the final product will be. Let's hope they nail everything! to come :p

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    The first release photos look great. That's a teaser for than a trailer if anything haha. I think this is going to be a good series!
    I also found this info:

-10 hour-long episodes were expected, but it’s been reported that it’ll be 8. The Writers for each episode have been revealed.
    - The series uses groundbreaking new LED technology while filming that’s gained it a Guinness World Record.
    - It’s one of Netflix’s most expensive shows reportedly costing $15 million per episode for a total of $120 million for season 1 alone.
    - The original creators of the Nickelodeon series are not involved in the production.
    - The show will debut in 2024, as revealed at Netflix TUDUM Brazil in June 2023.
    Great info Cinderella! WOW That's expensive af!

Also, so sad the original creators departed the series due to creative differences. They were not happy about it and said that there was a "negative and unsupporting" environment during their time with the netflix studio.

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibba View Post
    Hahahaha well, It's just a tittle reveal more than a trailer, a teaser to tell people: ''ok, look, we're working on this'' and for me, the tittle looks very very good, that gold in the flag, and the elements
    Buuut, yeah, we'll see what the final product will be. Let's hope they nail everything! to come :p

Great info Cinderella! WOW That's expensive af!

Also, so sad the original creators departed the series due to creative differences. They were not happy about it and said that there was a "negative and unsupporting" environment during their time with the netflix studio.
    Hey I'm always happy to see some new stuff on the horizon! I guess Netflix is trying to be the good guys after their new password sharing crackdown. Show everyone that hey maybe it's worth sticking with netflix
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

11. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Kibba (06-20-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Omg i am so excited to see how this all hashes out, ATLA is such a crazy influential piece of media for a lot of people, including myself!!

The costuming looks amazing too. Can't wait to see this!!

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Kibba (06-20-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    I'm so excited but not at the same time. I was excited for the M Night version when that was announced.... lord how awful and disappointing that was. Soaka and Ahhngh were...great...

Especially since the creators left production of the show because of how Netflix was taking it :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    I also found this info:

They were in the beginning but then dipped out. Which really doesn't give me high hopes. Netflix will do what they did to the Witcher which caused Henry to leave.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-20-2023),kittyray (06-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I am absolutely PUMPED for this! I say this as I'm going through another (100th rewatch probably lmao) rewatch of the show again! I'm loving how Zuko is looking in this. I am feeling optimistic about this!

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue