Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anime that I have seen: Request for more suggestions!

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    Some classic series you might like are the original Trigun, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Hunter x Hunter! Mushishi is also great.

Neuro: Supernatural Detective is one of my more slightly niche nostalgic favorites. Mob Psycho 100 is probably my favorite currently running series. My girlfriend and I also recently watched Blue Period and March Comes in like a Lion, and we both really enjoyed them.
    Oh damn Death Note was probably my first manga ever! I love it, well at least all first arc until the detective kids arrived haha

Saw the anime too. All this good vs evil strategies really got me from the beginning

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    You have to go with the OG:
    Hunter x Hunter (This is a masterpiece)
    Dr. Stone
    Demon Slayer
    Seven Deadly Sins
    Misfit of Demon King Academy
    Reincarnated as a Slime
    Bleach (Long AF)
    Code Geass
    Soul Eater

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Delibird For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-23-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    First of all... I never got a notification for anyone posting in this thread! So, sorry I am just know seeing all of these responses. Thank you all so much!
    @(you need an account to see links) I forgot, I absolutely watched and love Bleach!!!!!

I will show my hubby all of these suggestions and see if he hasn't seen any of these so we can watch it together! I am so excited! Thank you all for the suggestions!

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Delibird (06-23-2023),Lyrichord (06-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    First of all... I never got a notification for anyone posting in this thread! So, sorry I am just know seeing all of these responses. Thank you all so much!
    @(you need an account to see links) I forgot, I absolutely watched and love Bleach!!!!!

I will show my hubby all of these suggestions and see if he hasn't seen any of these so we can watch it together! I am so excited! Thank you all for the suggestions!
    I forgot a couple but I hope you have Crunchyroll for the unlimited anime subscription lol

Also add-
    Tower of God
    God of High School

^They're crunchy originals

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Delibird For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-23-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Shūmatsu no Valkyrie also known as Record of Ragnarok it's available on Netflix. My husband recommended to me (made me watch lol) and I liked it a lot!

The plot is about Gods wanting to eliminate humankind, so there's is an arrangement. Gods and humans most select their warriors to go in 1v1 battle to decide the humankind future.

So you will see greek gods and historical famous humans fighting in different styles. To make it even the valkyries will support the human contender (a Valkyrie can turn into a weapon with the ability to attack the gods).

If you like action I suggest this one
    So, this sounds right up our alley for sure! My hubby and I love this theme!!!! Now, hope.fully he hasn't seen it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Congrats on the 11th anniversary!

Bleach seems to be missing from your nice shounen list, so you can try that. Maybe also My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer!
    As far as psychological anime go, I def recommend watching Psycho Pass! It's really cool with great themes and story.
    I know my hubby has seen all of those before Psycho Pass. I'll ask about Psycho Pass though! That one sounds like something I definitely want to watch!

- - - Updated - - -

My hubby has crunchyroll and some other anime page he frequents. He watches anime every day! If he isn't working or playig video games with his friends, he is watching anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    Look at you preparing a month in advance!! Lots of time to get something super sweet and fun together.

Okay, for snacks, the first thing that comes to mind is food based off the anime. For example, if a favorite character has a sword, getting sugar cookies and using royal icing on them to pipe the designs? Specific fruit maybe from the show? Then there could be drink ideas (zero proof or otherwise). Popcorn is a classic, but I don't know if it fits the theme persay.

Would he be fond of a charcuterie board? I love planning these types of things, but don't frequently have the opportunity to do so. Depending on budget, you could maybe find a local baker to actually make some Naturo sugar cookies for you, if they're able to do that with copyright laws and such!

There's always Funko pop type figurines and the like. Does he like listening to the soundtracks? I'm not sure if those are always able to streamed, so cd's that you then put on your computer could be an option as well.

I did a quick internet search for "meaningful anime gifts." The first link that popped up was (you need an account to see links). Maybe that can inspire something! ^^

I am with everyone here recommending Bleach! There's a guide (you need an account to see links) for how to watch it without the filler eps. Depending where you watch, they might also be greyed out for you.

If you're thinking of things like Naruto, another show I remember enjoying way back when was D.Gray Man. It also has an awesome soundtrack.

Let me know if you want more ideas, and I'll see what I can think of!
    OMG The anime gift idea list is epic! Thanks so much! I am gonna have a blast planning our anniversary!

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    I'm with Wave on Bleach! Such an amazing show and the last arc is currently in production. Like Naruto though, it does have its fill of filler episodes, but I'm sure there's site's out there to help filter those out.

I'd also recommend Soul Eater. It's one of my favs, and is somewhat old (Anime is from 2008 I think?), but the anime still does a great job portraying all the characters. I also recommend reading the manga if you all need reading suggestions as well. It fleshes the characters out way more and has a more proper ending.
    I know I have watched a few episodes of Soul Eater, so I know he has seen the entire series! I am into reading the Manga, my hubby knows this! He is not so much into it hehehe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NTYGLT View Post
    That's a pretty good list!

Heres my favourites:
    Sword art online
    I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too
    The Reincarnation Of The Strongest Exorcist In Another World
    Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill

Strange titles for some of them but honestly I rate them!
    I can't believe I forgot Sword Art Online, I definitely watched that with my hubby! I love it!!! So I need to edit my original post to add Bleach and Sword Art Online!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    I will always and forever recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood to everyone!!
    I know my hubby watched that, so he would agree with you!

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (06-23-2023),DarkSkies (06-23-2023),Lyrichord (06-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    I will always recommend Akatsuki no Yona / Yona of the Dawn to anyone looking for anime recommendations no matter what genre they like, I am committed to spreading the word!! Really really great character development, action/adventure/fantasy.

I don't think I saw anyone else mention it so I'll also throw in a suggestion for Re: Zero. Was shocked how much I loved it considering isekai isn't my thing usually. Pretty morbid in my opinion, and the main character gets dragged through a lot of psychological trauma along the way. Good stuff though, my 78 year old dad and I binged the first season in one day after I showed him the pilot and he got hooked.

Beastars on Netflix for some more weird shit. Noragami for a fantastic found family fantasy adventure style story with a lot of heart (the manga is also phenomenal - maybe my favorite I've ever read).

No. 6 is a solid quick binge though I like the light novel/manga adaptation better. Dystopian scifi story about the relationship between two boys from the opposite ends of the society hierarchy.

in a world in which the Pandora Hearts anime wasn't 1) covering only a fraction of the story and 2) comically low budget I'd absolutely be recommending that as a morbid trippy fantasy story out to absolutely break your heart.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-23-2023)