Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I think neocodex ceased to exist?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    77d 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

I think neocodex ceased to exist?

I think it's been down for a few weeks now maybe even months I wasn't checking all that often. It's removed from google searches too. I only know it's dead cus I still had a bookmark there.
    I quit years ago but I was actually hoping to see it make a strong comeback but I think everyone moved to slack anyway.

Does that mean CK is the final surviving neopets focused cheat forum? The one that stood the test of time? The one everyone said zombians would pave a road over, the successor to darkztar, and the one codex also said would fall to time?

I'm sorry I really don't mean to rub it in or shit on these places or people and this isn't out of ill will or malice, I just find it really neat that the forum that people said was slated not to stand the test of time was the only one to adapt to a changing world and demographic, the only one to continue to grow while others fell flat for various reasons.

That's genuinely impressive. The fact that this community is so strong that it can stand strong still even after over a decade of being formed.

Like, this place isn't at risk of death, while nothing else could stand the test of time.

Either I'm sleep deprived (most likely answer considering the circumstances) or this is really, really interesting.

CK isn't just a neopets forum anymore and that's the main mistake I think a lot of other places did make.
    CK made major forum changes, and cater to multiple communities. The Ryus for example are a large part of what I'd assume actually helped CK continue to grow.
    It's like the forum itself has it's own mini petsite.

Why didn't other people do something similar? Maybe it was too late. I don't know.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-15-2023),Buizel (06-15-2023),♥ Cerberus ♥ (06-20-2023),Clefairy (06-15-2023),Cookie Tray (06-25-2023),Corliss (06-28-2023),DarkSkies (06-15-2023),Delibird (06-15-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (06-15-2023),I_royalty_I (06-15-2023),lluvia (06-20-2023),Mario2302 (06-15-2023),Misha (06-24-2023),nousha (06-15-2023),Nyanobyte                      (06-15-2023),RicoBandito (06-20-2023),♥ starsandmoon ♥ (06-19-2023),TheArcher (06-24-2023),WheeintoJiU (06-15-2023),WhiteRose (06-15-2023),Zapdos (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I'm not sure about neocodex. Never actually participated there because when I made an account they automatically banned me for whatever reason.
    Zombians was definitely doomed from the start. The "admins" there were pretty terrible and made it obvious that all they were really interested in was selling cheap looking userbars to exploit their members. Darkztar was a pretty cool spot for awhile, but even that place slowly lost it's luster.

ck is definitely the last man standing and will likely remain that way for awhile. I think the main difference is the community aspect instead of being solely neo focused like you mentioned!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-15-2023),Cookie Tray (06-25-2023),Misha (06-24-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    714 times
    Time Online
    359d 6h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 13m
    I'm not too well versed in other cheating sites since I've been primarily on ck, but maybe it has something to do with anonymity as well? It's a golden rule to never post enough to out your own account, so maybe sites steered away from expanding and adding a stable community like ck did to avoid that? A lot of people don't like chatting on the Neoboards as well, so maybe they just mimicked that.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (06-25-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    77d 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'm not sure about neocodex. Never actually participated there because when I made an account they automatically banned me for whatever reason.
    Zombians was definitely doomed from the start. The "admins" there were pretty terrible and made it obvious that all they were really interested in was selling cheap looking userbars to exploit their members. Darkztar was a pretty cool spot for awhile, but even that place slowly lost it's luster.

ck is definitely the last man standing and will likely remain that way for awhile. I think the main difference is the community aspect instead of being solely neo focused like you mentioned!
    I was staff on zombians at the very end when yung took over, trust me when I say I understand why the staff wasn't ideal. I'm sure justin handled it a lot better than yung did, but I didn't get to participate in any of that nor did I really have the maturity to when ZB first started.
    I do know why you were banned on codex if it helps. or it's what I assume from why other big name players were banned. You were banned because they didn't trust you not to try to sell anything that came from inactive accounts because selling ANYTHING that you didn't obtain wasn't allowed and you were banned on sight if you had a reputation for that

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I was staff on zombians at the very end when yung took over, trust me when I say I understand why the staff wasn't ideal. I'm sure justin handled it a lot better than yung did, but I didn't get to participate in any of that nor did I really have the maturity to when ZB first started.
    I do know why you were banned on codex if it helps. or it's what I assume from why other big name players were banned. You were banned because they didn't trust you not to try to sell anything that came from inactive accounts because selling ANYTHING that you didn't obtain wasn't allowed and you were banned on sight if you had a reputation for that
    Oh were you? What was your username back in the day? I'm not too sure who Yung is, but I know when Swar was helping lead things, it seemed like the only thing going for them was people buying userbars. I always seem to mix up zombians/metaplode. I think Darkztar->Zombians, GamingGutter->Metaplode.
    I'm pretty sure you're spot on with the codex ban. All I really did was post and chat, didn't even utilize the trading section and was banned because they claimed they only dealt in "legit" things. I'm pretty sure a lot of people there were selling things obtained in similar fashion as how I got them, but due to my rep from other sites, I got the boot right off the bat. Didn't really bother me too much though!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    27d 16h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Ahhh the good ole' codex Days. I was never active on Codex and I think I got banned there once on a multi lol.

But clraik is the supreme entity over all of the ones that have been around for ages and have ceased to exist. DZ, TNP, Zombians, etc.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Delibird For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 40m
    It seemed like their last remaining users held out for revisions to their auto-buyer, manager suite, and the possibility of participating in the Altador Cup. The Neopets site switched over to SSL, many of the dailies were replaced with mobile-friendly pages that rendered old code incompatible, and the StackPath CDN was introduced to deter automation. They would've essentially needed to rebuild or heavily revise the majority of their solutions, but I don't recall them having a dedicated developer to do that in the end. The conversations in the community mostly consisted of "How do I rank up to get access to bots?", "I'm here because clraik banned me.", or "Remember the good ol' days?", but those were usually nonstarters. Everybody responsible for managing the site essentially drifted away without acknowledgement or fanfare.

I wish that group all the best. Thanks for hanging on with us, guys.

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-15-2023),Aldrif (06-23-2023),Buizel (06-15-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-16-2023),Cookie Tray (06-25-2023),Corliss (06-28-2023),DarkSkies (06-15-2023),Delibird (06-15-2023),Dot (06-15-2023),I_royalty_I (06-15-2023),Lyrichord (06-15-2023),Pidgey (06-15-2023),Shawn (06-19-2023),Slowpoke (06-15-2023),Strat (06-15-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023),WhiteRose (06-15-2023),Zapdos (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    77d 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Oh were you? What was your username back in the day? I'm not too sure who Yung is, but I know when Swar was helping lead things, it seemed like the only thing going for them was people buying userbars. I always seem to mix up zombians/metaplode. I think Darkztar->Zombians, GamingGutter->Metaplode.
    I'm pretty sure you're spot on with the codex ban. All I really did was post and chat, didn't even utilize the trading section and was banned because they claimed they only dealt in "legit" things. I'm pretty sure a lot of people there were selling things obtained in similar fashion as how I got them, but due to my rep from other sites, I got the boot right off the bat. Didn't really bother me too much though!
    People used to know me as Aria/Mewtwo depending how far back you want to go. And yes I was an obnoxious lil 17 year old shit back on DZ if you remember me there. I'm.... Much older than that now so it isn't a worry anymore.

Yung was a major part of codex, more than the DZ side of things and left codex for ZB, and didn't really take staff until the site was already dead, me, him, and three other members tried to restore the site and bring it back, but the work to do so was overwhelming with no reward. ZB died not very long after we gave up due to how much work it was going to be with potentially no reward.

And yes, people did actually sell ill gotten goods but as long as you didn't have a reputation and you could lie well enough people got away with it, I recognized people from DZ but I'm not a narc so I didn't say anything. Some people do that to pay their rent who am I to take that away?

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Corliss (06-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Oh wow! I didn't participate in any cheating forums growing up because I didn't know they existed (sigh), but I did check out NeoCodex before joining cK. It's so interesting to hear you guys talk about other forums and their history, and I feel like there's probably a lot of good hobby-drama-esque stories from your times that I'd love to hear. Sorry to hear about the loss of NeoCodex and I hope those members eventually find their way to a new community, and I'm grateful for cK's continued existence!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    422 times
    Time Online
    86d 8h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    The only place I knew besides ck was Neocodex.

I made an account so long ago but I think I set something wrong because I don't remember choosing a password so I couldn't even log in lol

Little I saw was they were against selling and that ck was a shady place because of selling and that stuff.

I remember thinking "oh why I created my account here? I came to buy to make my neo life easier and they don't allow that". And that's it.

I really didn't interact there and never came back so I had no idea they were gone. I'm glad to have come to ck and here hoping for many more years here 💜

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3