Thread: Is that the critically acclaimed mmorpg FF: XIV!?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

Is that the critically acclaimed mmorpg FF: XIV!?

(you need an account to see links)

Hello all! I wanted to see who played FF: XIV. I remember chatting with some...last year? But I wanted to see if people were still playing!

I was playing a lot of WotLK Classic for awhile, but due to some issues (and honestly, some drama) I came back to a game that I love to play!

If you do play, what server/DC are you on?
    Im on Crystals/Malboro!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (06-16-2023),Ice (08-10-2023),Kon (06-15-2023),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (02-15-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    53d 2h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Not the WordArt! LOL

I'm on Crystal/Zalera; Monk Main
    Currently sitting at 610 ilvl (Full Rinascita Gear)
    Completed up through P4S, haven't progressed further due to loss of interest.

Hoping to get back into the game and catch up with MSQ!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kon For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Not the WordArt! LOL

I'm on Crystal/Zalera; Monk Main
    Currently sitting at 610 ilvl (Full Rinascita Gear)
    Completed up through P4S, haven't progressed further due to loss of interest.

Hoping to get back into the game and catch up with MSQ!
    Oh, I think Im only...600iLvl atm? lol
    I actually had to buy some gear so I could do the MSQ ): I just finished a trail atm and looking to keep going tomorrow!

Actually, the main thing I love to do is craft and make gil! I love to make gil an spoil friends as best I as I can lol
    I gave all of mine to my FC when I thought I was going to leave the game. So now its time to work my way up again and aim for a Med plot! (I have a small right now)

Ooo but you did Savage? Oh dang! I always wanted to do that, but sadly never got into a group lol
    There's a story to that too that I can share at some point

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    53d 2h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Oh, I think Im only...600iLvl atm? lol
    I actually had to buy some gear so I could do the MSQ ): I just finished a trail atm and looking to keep going tomorrow!

Actually, the main thing I love to do is craft and make gil! I love to make gil an spoil friends as best I as I can lol
    I gave all of mine to my FC when I thought I was going to leave the game. So now its time to work my way up again and aim for a Med plot! (I have a small right now)

Ooo but you did Savage? Oh dang! I always wanted to do that, but sadly never got into a group lol
    There's a story to that too that I can share at some point
    Ooh! I'm actually stuck on a trial right now, I believe the MSQ is called 'Desires Untold'?
    I could be wrong, but it's something along the lines of that. I just know I'd like to run MSQ solo, but seeing that I can't do that trail w/ NPCs, makes me not want to continue MSQ.

I can agree with you on that about crafting. Before I took my hiatus around a patch drop, I actually helped gather and craft some one my FC statics gear sets.
    That was actually fun, following the timer to collect certain items and then finding the proper macro to HQ each gear piece. Though it was VERY time consuming, but I still enjoyed doing it.

I did do savage! I enjoyed learning the raid mechanics, and being able to do it with a group of friends made it even better because we were all learning together.
    Sadly over time, my static slowly disbanded and eventually we all stopped playing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kon For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Ooh! I'm actually stuck on a trial right now, I believe the MSQ is called 'Desires Untold'?
    I could be wrong, but it's something along the lines of that. I just know I'd like to run MSQ solo, but seeing that I can't do that trail w/ NPCs, makes me not want to continue MSQ.

I can agree with you on that about crafting. Before I took my hiatus around a patch drop, I actually helped gather and craft some one my FC statics gear sets.
    That was actually fun, following the timer to collect certain items and then finding the proper macro to HQ each gear piece. Though it was VERY time consuming, but I still enjoyed doing it.

I did do savage! I enjoyed learning the raid mechanics, and being able to do it with a group of friends made it even better because we were all learning together.
    Sadly over time, my static slowly disbanded and eventually we all stopped playing.
    Oh! I actually like to do my MSQ solo as well. Part of it is because my anxiety shoots up when I have to group with people when I dont know what Im doing lol
    I did this one Trial (I forget the name) and I died like...5 times to the SAME thing. I looked at a video and was able to do the rest, but this one mech was just a little confusing to me and I didnt really understand it correctly.

Oh my word, we must be the same person as thats what I would do! I use to make pots/food/gear for the static "I was in" (I shall share that story lol)
    I really enjoy having a timer rotation to get the mats and just being able to get them and craft away lol I love to just sit in my plot, put on some music (or the game music) and craft for a few hours.

Oh wow! That's super awesome about Savage! I always wanted to do savage, and was in a group for it, but they never took me... so lol
    Maybe one day, but I need to for sure catch up and maybe lv something other than Reaper as Im not that good at it

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    call me SHOCKED that this thread isnt bigger.

anyway i play on hyperion/primal dc! currently sitting at ilevel 650, born to play red mage, forced to play samurai (jk i opted to play it this tier and if i get my hopes and dreams fulfilled and corsair is the next melee class i may have lucked out when it comes to my static spot then)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (08-10-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert View Post
    call me SHOCKED that this thread isnt bigger.

anyway i play on hyperion/primal dc! currently sitting at ilevel 650, born to play red mage, forced to play samurai (jk i opted to play it this tier and if i get my hopes and dreams fulfilled and corsair is the next melee class i may have lucked out when it comes to my static spot then)
    Oh nice! My account is down atm due to not having the money for it, but I hope to get it up soon!
    I mainly craft lol But I do love DNC! As for Melee, I use to like SAM but I moved to Reaper
    Im not a major fan of melee in general lol

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Oh nice! My account is down atm due to not having the money for it, but I hope to get it up soon!
    I mainly craft lol But I do love DNC! As for Melee, I use to like SAM but I moved to Reaper
    Im not a major fan of melee in general lol
    i wasn't big on melee originally, but red mage is currently at the bottom of the rDPS list, and when you're worse than bard... its time to switch LMAO plus last tier was really punishing to play rdm on, and while this one isn't as unforgiving in terms of where rdm needs to be standing during the fight when melee burst window is up, this tier has a lot of body check mechanics which makes their entire rez gimmick just unusable. then i switched to sam and got dance partner... and did big damage... and i was like. wow this kinda nice actually.

i thhhhhhhhink there is a free login campaign going on rn to coincide with moonfire faire? (that or to pull people away from baldurs gate 3. i see you square enix)