Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: chiropractor or massage therapist?

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 20h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    I've been seeing a chiropractor for the past couple of months about my neck and it has only temporarily fixed my issues. I plan on looking into a physical therapist for a way to fix my issue. Will probably look into it within the next few months. Good luck with whatever route you choose to do!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Yo! I'm really deep into my healthcare and I have a Chiro/Physio & Massage therapist in my contacts haha. Out of the 3 I see my Physio & Massage therapist a lot more frequently compared to the Chiro.

Chiro: The chiro is super worth it if you feel that your body isn't aligned correctly. A quick test you can do is looking straight ahead, and then slowly seeing how far you can look to the left, and then the right. If your neck is really stiff and you notice one side can't rotate as well as the other, a chiro can definitely do an adjustment which is when you'll start to hear all kinds of pops! My chiro also checks my spine and after a few corrections you definitely notice your body posture improves like crazy.

Physio: I see me Physio a lot more since I'm into bodybuilding and my forearms/arms tend to get nerve soreness. They help with this electrotherapy and attach a sunction cup type of thing to my arms and it shoots low voltages into the nerves. You'll see your arms/hands moving by themselves and it's really trippy the first time but it actually feels amazing and at the end you feel brand new! Combined with proper stretching & nerve gliding exercises it really stops all nerve issues.

Massage: My most frequently visited healthcare. I aim to go once every 2-4 weeks based on what my body tells me for any target areas that are sore. I think the key here is finding 1 therapist that you enjoy and sticking with them, since they get used to your body and know how to work your pain areas. My therapist has medium strength which is perfect when she is targeting the larger muscles that are sore.

Hope this helps

Profile Pic thanks to @Lyrichord & Signature made by @Polorin!