31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m

Sailor Moon Cosmos Movie

This is the thread no one asked but I'm sorry I HAD TO DO IT!

I still gotta see the movie this weekend but I came across this video and I'm very excited about the new arc. This was one my first animes from childhood and I remember enjoying it so much

First part should be available on Netflix and second would be released on 30th.

Is anonyone else looking forward to this? Do you prefer the 90's version or the manga?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-10-2023),Ariealle (06-10-2023),Cat Purrson (06-10-2023),Cherubi (06-10-2023),chii3d (06-10-2023),Ice (06-10-2023),Lyrichord (06-10-2023),Slowpoke (06-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    It's good to see the stars getting a season, finally. When Crystal was first released I was really excited about it but they messed it up so bad. I def prefer the 90's anime but as I grew older I kind of lost interest because of the storylines. I will watch this last season(movies) when it comes out because I've been waiting for a while. I have hope that it'll be a good final sendoff for the sailor moon remakes.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-10-2023),DarkSkies (06-10-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    It's good to see the stars getting a season, finally. When Crystal was first released I was really excited about it but they messed it up so bad. I def prefer the 90's anime but as I grew older I kind of lost interest because of the storylines. I will watch this last season(movies) when it comes out because I've been waiting for a while. I have hope that it'll be a good final sendoff for the sailor moon remakes.
    Yes the first season wasn't the best though they kind of improve little by little. love 90's because nostalgia and I had to rewatch last seasons because I didn't remember seeing all as a kid (especially because I also was trapped in the loop when next episode was first again lol).

I like Crystal too because is more aligned to the manga and there was some stuff I didn't know

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Yes the first season wasn't the best though they kind of improve little by little. love 90's because nostalgia and I had to rewatch last seasons because I didn't remember seeing all as a kid (especially because I also was trapped in the loop when next episode was first again lol).

I like Crystal too because is more aligned to the manga and there was some stuff I didn't know
    I definitely liked that Crystal was closer to the manga. I'll always love the 90's anime but it was butchered so bad in some areas that Crystal did fix, so I have to give it some credit where it is due. Censoring non-hetero relationships and completely cutting out ever releasing Stars here in the states really upset me. As a kid I couldn't understand why I couldn't finish the story. The Stars outfits were my favorites too. So I'm glad this was fixed with the newer anime.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I've been waiting for this arc for ages! I'm super stoked for it. My old manga is all tattered from the re-reading but now we get it in action and color!

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hall For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Oh yes I remember seeing posts about this in the works, super exciting that it's being released! Sailor Moon was (and is) such a huge part of my childhood and love for anime/manga although the 90s version obviously is my bread and butter. Overall I'm very happy that Crystal is a thing but unfortunately I feel like the animation/art did not do Takeuchi's style justice (in addition to the controversy with just the BAD quality animation when it first launched). As goofy as it is the 90s one still feels much more solid but hey that could just be my nostalgia glasses talking. Either way SM is such an important and iconic franchise so it definitely deserves its longevity! Just wish the animation and art was a bit more refined. :'c

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-10-2023),DarkSkies (06-10-2023),Hall (06-10-2023),Slowpoke (06-10-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Thank you for reminding me that I need to rewatch this series!!! It's been a while since I've seen it.

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-10-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-10-2023),DarkSkies (06-10-2023),Slowpoke (06-10-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I've been waiting for this arc for ages! I'm super stoked for it. My old manga is all tattered from the re-reading but now we get it in action and color!
    Since Eternal I have been also waiting for this I didn't read the manga but I heard there was a part when the senshis turn bad so I'm curious how the movie will handle that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Oh yes I remember seeing posts about this in the works, super exciting that it's being released! Sailor Moon was (and is) such a huge part of my childhood and love for anime/manga although the 90s version obviously is my bread and butter. Overall I'm very happy that Crystal is a thing but unfortunately I feel like the animation/art did not do Takeuchi's style justice (in addition to the controversy with just the BAD quality animation when it first launched). As goofy as it is the 90s one still feels much more solid but hey that could just be my nostalgia glasses talking. Either way SM is such an important and iconic franchise so it definitely deserves its longevity! Just wish the animation and art was a bit more refined. :'c
    Yes that's always has been the downside of Crystal, at least they're animating all arcs generally speaking. I'm happy to have this release mostly because as many Sailor moon was a must when you were a kid so having something to rekindle the flame it's welcome

Let's hope the movie can do better than the crystal previous arcs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    Thank you for reminding me that I need to rewatch this series!!! It's been a while since I've seen it.
    You have lots of time yet, my dumb self thought it was already released on Netflix but June 9th and 30th are the release dates in Japan. So it's going to take probably a while before subbing and coming to other countries (hopefully not very long too!)

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-10-2023),Hall (06-10-2023),Ice (06-10-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Since Eternal I have been also waiting for this I didn't read the manga but I heard there was a part when the senshis turn bad so I'm curious how the movie will handle that!

Yes that's always has been the downside of Crystal, at least they're animating all arcs generally speaking. I'm happy to have this release mostly because as many Sailor moon was a must when you were a kid so having something to rekindle the flame it's welcome

Let's hope the movie can do better than the crystal previous arcs!

You have lots of time yet, my dumb self thought it was already released on Netflix but June 9th and 30th are the release dates in Japan. So it's going to take probably a while before subbing and coming to other countries (hopefully not very long too!)
    Have you never read the manga before?! OoO Oh you're in for a time then! :3

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hall For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    For sure for sure! It’s been sooo long since I last watched any SM, iirc I put an effort to do a full series rewatch (of the 90s version) back during my final year of uni but unfortunately I don’t think I got too far. Maybe I should just do it but with Crystal this time. :3 I’ve always wanted to do a full manga reread too but I think the last time I tried it was just difficult to find complete scans haha?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-10-2023)