41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Nothing against you, but you've only been here about two months.
    If it was super easy to rank up, everyone would have been ranked up by now.
    Should that person have repped, or at least thanked you, definitely.
    Just keep doing what youre doing and helping out and you will get there.
    I can't even begin to count how many times I have given out accounts, items, etc etc and not even received a thank you in return.
    I've lent mspp, bgc, etc for free and after telling somebody it's done I got no reply, no thank you or anything.

You will get there eventually, just keep at it. Guides are definitely a good way to get some recognition.
    Doesn't have to be neopets guides even. Any guide will do!
    No offence to you, but give people a chance.
    I came from another forum which I helped refer people to helped bring it to where it is today. I quit it to help this forum, and I found the people here a lot nicer and such. I also have a great amount of respect for Joe, Jaye, Mike, Sherri and any others who keep this site in great running condition. I think its unfair though how traders who dont have the time to make guides dont get recognized. Like look at LMP, who has probably 15-20 trades a day. He is respected and should be close to max rank.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Well, ck isn't ONLY about trading.
    You have the itrader to help distinguish yourself as a trader.
    I'm probably does have a lot of sale, but that doesn't really help out the site at all unless he decides to donate a portion of that to us xD The only people who really benefit from sales are the sellers. Yes, it could be argued that it brings activity, but it's measuring different things. At the same time, lmp has 6+ guides that are on this site as well.

Trading, and prestige on a site are separate. You can JUST be here to trade, and not give a shit about any other section. Somebody could argue that that person would just be leeching off our market to benefit themselves.

If trades were made so that they rank people up, we would see an influx of people doing mass sales of shells and little things like that just to get their numbers up.

We are still a relatively new site in the whole scheme of things. It took me two years to get 400 rep on another site. I think everyone is very giving of rep here in comparison to a few other places. Maybe start lending items for avvies, help price check things, help with homework, do some graphics requests, make guides, make youtube videos showing off programs. Lots of ways to pick up some easy rep

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Slasher (04-22-2012),SmileYaDead (04-22-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Well, ck isn't ONLY about trading.
    You have the itrader to help distinguish yourself as a trader.
    I'm probably does have a lot of sale, but that doesn't really help out the site at all unless he decides to donate a portion of that to us xD The only people who really benefit from sales are the sellers. Yes, it could be argued that it brings activity, but it's measuring different things. At the same time, lmp has 6+ guides that are on this site as well.

Trading, and prestige on a site are separate. You can JUST be here to trade, and not give a shit about any other section. Somebody could argue that that person would just be leeching off our market to benefit themselves.

If trades were made so that they rank people up, we would see an influx of people doing mass sales of shells and little things like that just to get their numbers up.

We are still a relatively new site in the whole scheme of things. It took me two years to get 400 rep on another site. I think everyone is very giving of rep here in comparison to a few other places. Maybe start lending items for avvies, help price check things, help with homework, do some graphics requests, make guides, make youtube videos showing off programs. Lots of ways to pick up some easy rep
    I completely agree with everything you say. But I feel though still people who dont make guides will get left in the dust. Im just suggesting this as possibly being an alternate way to rank up. People providing trades and such also help the site function. By providing bday cracking services, pin cracking, accounts etc, you are giving back to clraik. I dont know. Maybe there could be a way to include trade rating to a certain degree? Just a suggestion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have school, lot of homeworks and studies to do, many other activities in real life, like everyone else. If you have time to spend here, you probably have time to make a guide and contribute to the community.

Trading is contributing to yourself and the person you're trading with. Yes, it's making clraik an interesting place to sell and buy, but nothing really helping the rest of the community.

Rep is hard to get, so work for it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slasher For This Useful Post:

trix (04-22-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    I completely agree with everything you say. But I feel though still people who dont make guides will get left in the dust. Im just suggesting this as possibly being an alternate way to rank up. People providing trades and such also help the site function. By providing bday cracking services, pin cracking, accounts etc, you are giving back to clraik. I dont know. Maybe there could be a way to include trade rating to a certain degree? Just a suggestion.
    I don't want to be rude, or push you away or anything.
    But I don't think the rest of staff would buy into anything like that. =\
    Just think about a guide you think you could do well, then take an hour or two and just sit down and knock it out.
    Or just 20mins here and there, it adds up

Writing guides can be pretty fun if you have something you are interested in.
    Take advantage of all the rep opportunities you can get

Thanks
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) - look at (you need an account to see links). There are many other ways to get repped. On other forums, most of my rep came from PCing things and lending. You do not have to be an excellent guide maker to rank up. Just try, put as much or as little effort into it as you want, and that's what you will get back.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Touche.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I thinking leveling up by trades is to easy to abuse, it would up for less than a week.

@(you need an account to see links) If you want some quick and easy rep check out (you need an account to see links)
    Your helping the community, its pretty easy, you can download a program online to capture video from you computer.
    The video's don't have to be great but that can help they just need to get people checking your referral link. I've got 13 Referrals from it so far. @(you need an account to see links) isn't to happy about that

Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    582 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Beating me ):