Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are songs that make you feel hopeful or chill, but perhaps a little sad?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    As silly as it sounds this song is my feel good bop for some reason

UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4d 16h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

This song hits all of your qualifiers for me. Reminds me my problems aren't as big or as deep as I make them out to be sometimes. I don't know how to articulate it but it definitely makes me feel an underlying sadness too. Hmmm maybe a type of longing? Maybe someone else can give it a listen and give it a shot at explaining it lol.

It's been a few months since you've posted post @(you need an account to see links). Are you feeling more steady on your feet?
    Userbar by Lyrichord

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesuslovescats For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (01-26-2024)

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    77d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (01-26-2024),Jesuslovescats (06-29-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Hey there! Thanks for checking. I am doing more okay atm! I am a bit more stable now that I am working different retail jobs until I land my first big girl job post grad. I made the decision to work first and apply for schools at the same time so it’s definitely been a grind for me. I have been able to feel more secure emotionally thanks to help with close friends and constant calls even though I am physically apart. I am also putting in more time for personal goals like working out regularly and practicing photography with my daily walks. I have been trying to make every day feel special by taking pictures everyday of no matter what I am doing haha - like keeping a photo journal to feel like I have something to look forward to every day. Post grad is certainly a bit scary still, but with good company irl and online like this one, I think I will be alright. ((: Also, thanks for checking again seriously haha. I actually feel a bit happy you thought to ask despite my post being a while ago.

——

Update: Also sorry if this is considered grave digging! I didn’t check the post dates and just replied. If so, I will just DM next time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-28-2024),Excalibur (01-26-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

the days of covid i would sit and listen to this...

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    This might be silly, but a song that helps me relax when I get overwhelmed is something from Animal Crossing
    The past 2 months have been very hard on my, and this music has been such life saver for me

SAME!! I listen to it at work all the time. I listened to so much Animal Crossing music it popped up on my Spotify wrapped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    Welcome! I'm kinda new yet also not so new to this community. I somehow ended back on Neopets/Clraik to find a place to kind of hold onto while things in my real life go through lots of changes. I'm about to graduate college next month, and I'm absolutely terrified. Lately, I've been feeling a mixed bag of feelings - hopeful, sad, excited, a bit lonely, and most of all, uncertain. I'll be moving far from most of my friends and I'll be moving in with my sibling who I'm close yet distant with. I don't doubt the strength of my close relationships and I'm sure I'll be able to keep in contact with those I am close to, but it still doesn't change that I feel a bit sad. I have this brother who I love dearly but I feel like we are constantly at odds with each other - different values, outlooks on life, and... he's taken on a sort of strange father role despite being my older brother. It's a very difficult relationship to describe. I love him to death, but I'm hurt that our relationship isn't as close as we used to be. I feel like he has such high expectations of me and can be quite harsh. I feel a little overwhelmed by him sometimes.

I guess overall, I'm just feeling really, really uncertain. I'm hoping the best for my future and for yours too should you be going through uncertain times as well.

Anyways, through these uncertain times, I've been listening to a lot of songs that make me feel hopeful/chill yet a little sad? I'm not quite sure how to describe the vibe of the songs I've been listening to. Chill but a little sad perhaps? I think the dual feelings I derive from listening to these kind of songs are helping me feel better. So feel free to put down a song that might fit the vibe! Maybe someone else who is going through similar feelings can listen to these songs as I will.

I have a couple good ones for you!

Rises the Moon - Liana Flores

Hidden in the Sand - Tally Hall

21st Century - Remember the Rain

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    Hey there! Thanks for checking. I am doing more okay atm! I am a bit more stable now that I am working different retail jobs until I land my first big girl job post grad. I made the decision to work first and apply for schools at the same time so it’s definitely been a grind for me. I have been able to feel more secure emotionally thanks to help with close friends and constant calls even though I am physically apart. I am also putting in more time for personal goals like working out regularly and practicing photography with my daily walks. I have been trying to make every day feel special by taking pictures everyday of no matter what I am doing haha - like keeping a photo journal to feel like I have something to look forward to every day. Post grad is certainly a bit scary still, but with good company irl and online like this one, I think I will be alright. ((: Also, thanks for checking again seriously haha. I actually feel a bit happy you thought to ask despite my post being a while ago.

——

Update: Also sorry if this is considered grave digging! I didn’t check the post dates and just replied. If so, I will just DM next time.

OOPS I didn't even notice. It's your post though so I doubt that it would be considered grave digging, I think that rule is for new members who are trying to get their post count up
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Check out my Guide!✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peaches_and_Mocha For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (01-27-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    214 times
    Time Online
    31d 2h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    This one checks the hopeful and sad boxes for me. I'm a big fan of somber songs that can be interpreted in your own way. This one was also sung with her ex-husband right before their breakup, so it adds a nice little kick to it.

(you need an account to see links)

Want a spiffy userbar? Request one
    on my thread. ^

I will continue adding free-to-use
    userbars & Pokemon Ryugotchis!

& thank you @dankRUSE for this
    amazing drawing! ;-;

(you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 2h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Oh my god. This song. Playing it on headphones, on a breezy summer night staring at the ceiling... chefs kiss

ub by infected!