6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    About a year ago I was at the river with some friends.
    Some photos were shared and I looked pregnant as hell!

I had a gym but I rarely used it.

So I started working out again.

Fast forward to last month we moved half way across the US. Took a couple months off.
    Piecing our home gym back together now and starting to work out again.

Not looking like I was but making progress.

My goal is not to look pregnant. And one day have abs again.
    Looking good buddy, one step at a time, it’s the journey.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrixlRey For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (10-14-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrixlRey View Post
    It’s a good look lol, how long have you been powerlifting? You got any of those videos? I ask because usually people who powerlift usually has videos of them doing clean and jerks.
    I've been powerlifting for about a year now! Almost exactly 1 year, actually! I do have videos lol, but I never post or anything because the weight I pull is so weak lmao. It's good to do when you need to pay attention to form. I think it's extra critical in powerlifting to pay attention to that since the point is to pull as much weight as you can. Since I came from an injury, I really need to pay attention to form because my physical therapist noted that my hips are not aligned (the left is lower than the right) so my lumbar tries to overcompensate and that makes me ripe for injury.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    About a year ago I was at the river with some friends.
    Some photos were shared and I looked pregnant as hell!

I had a gym but I rarely used it.

So I started working out again.

Fast forward to last month we moved half way across the US. Took a couple months off.
    Piecing our home gym back together now and starting to work out again.

Not looking like I was but making progress.

My goal is not to look pregnant. And one day have abs again.
    Hey, you're making progress!! Slow and steady, after all!! I don't think I'll ever have visible abs lol because I like to eat junk too much haha. Good luck! You'll get there soon enough!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (10-16-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    I've been powerlifting for about a year now! Almost exactly 1 year, actually! I do have videos lol, but I never post or anything because the weight I pull is so weak lmao. It's good to do when you need to pay attention to form. I think it's extra critical in powerlifting to pay attention to that since the point is to pull as much weight as you can. Since I came from an injury, I really need to pay attention to form because my physical therapist noted that my hips are not aligned (the left is lower than the right) so my lumbar tries to overcompensate and that makes me ripe for injury.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Hey, you're making progress!! Slow and steady, after all!! I don't think I'll ever have visible abs lol because I like to eat junk too much haha. Good luck! You'll get there soon enough!

Yeah tell me about it, my hips too, I finally work more on mobility, back, glutes training. I can finally work out more now after doing that. I had hip pain and weird problems for so long. Turns out it was weak glutes and core.
    Last edited by DrixlRey; 10-18-2023 at 11:26 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrixlRey For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (10-18-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Exactly me 😭😭😭😭 when I fricked my back and flared up my sciatic nerve to hell, that's exactly what the doc said to me. She was like "this will keep happening unless you strengthen your core and glutes. You need more muscle mass." and I was like "say no more" and 3 weeks later started powerlifting because I had to 0-100 that process 😂

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Exactly me when I fricked my back and flared up my sciatic nerve to hell, that's exactly what the doc said to me. She was like "this will keep happening unless you strengthen your core and glutes. You need more muscle mass." and I was like "say no more" and 3 weeks later started powerlifting because I had to 0-100 that process
    Nice! Everyone needs to learn these things, that’s why I am a coach. I’m thinking about becoming a personal trainer too!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I go to gym to be a partner to my husband, but i really don't care much about my body, i have a "dadbod" and since i like guys with that type of body, i just like myself.
    No muscle, i was a skinny until go to university with hotdogs, crepes, espetinho(no idea how would say that in english), and i liked to be more round.
    Can i say that my goal is having no goal?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I've been doing muscle/strength buidling training since about 2014. I'm a bit on and off now, but the reason was at the time I weighed a 100lbs (I was in my early 20's) and my girlfriend at the time could lift me. And I had this day where I said enough is enough lol. I'm not about 165lbs, I'll post photos someday.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by krummris View Post
    I go to gym to be a partner to my husband, but i really don't care much about my body, i have a "dadbod" and since i like guys with that type of body, i just like myself.
    No muscle, i was a skinny until go to university with hotdogs, crepes, espetinho(no idea how would say that in english), and i liked to be more round.
    Can i say that my goal is having no goal?
    Hey, that counts! You go to the gym to support your husband and that's your "why"! Doesn't need to be about changing your body 😁

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hey, that counts! You go to the gym to support your husband and that's your "why"! Doesn't need to be about changing your body 😁
    looking that way, yah, my goal is just to see him happy having someone to do everything together and talk..