DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    215d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    @(you need an account to see links) Thanks for mentioning those songs! I agree, they’re composed wonderfully. The first song Credens Justitiam is so light and free, and the chorals sounds almost Irish inspired. Like I’m about to go on a grand adventure through a beautiful park and the sun is shining, and hope is singing in the air!

The strings in the second song Surgam Identidem, surging in minor chords, are deeply beautiful. Then when the soprano comes in, it’s like there’s another chance for hope as the key changes back to major, then it’s back to the harmonic minor. The climax of the drama, and the immediate aftermath!

Symposium Magarum reminds me of a waltz between enemies. There’s the push and pull with the strings and percussion, the floating to the music, but the tension with the chords.

Sis Puella Magica is the sound of faeries dancing in the glade! I’m convinced that music can make or break a show. For me personally, the more orchestration, the better, and knowing when for what is crucial. This is a really fun and simultaneously deep piece, even without knowing the lyrics.

It’s my hope to go through all the music in this thread - it’s been so fun!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Evelynn (07-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    37d 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Thanks for mentioning those songs! I agree, they’re composed wonderfully. The first song Credens Justitiam is so light and free, and the chorals sounds almost Irish inspired. Like I’m about to go on a grand adventure through a beautiful park and the sun is shining, and hope is singing in the air!

The strings in the second song Surgam Identidem, surging in minor chords, are deeply beautiful. Then when the soprano comes in, it’s like there’s another chance for hope as the key changes back to major, then it’s back to the harmonic minor. The climax of the drama, and the immediate aftermath!

Symposium Magarum reminds me of a waltz between enemies. There’s the push and pull with the strings and percussion, the floating to the music, but the tension with the chords.

Sis Puella Magica is the sound of faeries dancing in the glade! I’m convinced that music can make or break a show. For me personally, the more orchestration, the better, and knowing when for what is crucial. This is a really fun and simultaneously deep piece, even without knowing the lyrics.

It’s my hope to go through all the music in this thread - it’s been so fun!
    Madoka definitely has a lot of celtic inspirations in its music, I'm so glad I could share it with you! It's funny, because some of the other tracks in the series have a very industrial feel to them, but most have that kind of celtic inspiration. Madoka is a series with very heavy symbolism, and the music really lends into that as well. I'm so glad you took time to listen to it! If you ever want to watch, the series is only 12 episodes long. A really easy anime to sit down and watch in one session.
    Thank you Lyrichord for the userbar!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evelynn For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-28-2023),Lyrichord (07-28-2023)