Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 Year Old Pregnant Teen Sacrifices Own Life For That Of Her Child (Sad)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

17 Year Old Pregnant Teen Sacrifices Own Life For That Of Her Child (Sad)

[QUOTE]POCATELLO, Idaho - Jenni Lake gave birth to a baby boy the month before her 18th birthday, though she was not destined to become just another teenage mother.

That much, she knew.

While being admitted to the hospital, she pulled her nurse down to her at bed level and whispered into her ear. The nurse would later repeat the girl's words to comfort her family, as their worst fears were realized a day after Jenni's baby was born.

"She told the nurse, `I'm done, I did what I was supposed to. My baby is going to get here safe,'" said Diana Phillips, Jenni's mother.

In photographs, the baby's ruddy cheeks and healthy weight offer a stark contrast to the frail girl who gave birth to him. She holds the newborn tightly, kissing the top of his head. Jenni, at 5 feet and 4 inches tall, weighed only 108 pounds at the full term of her pregnancy.

A day after the Nov. 9 birth, Phillips learned that her daughter's decision to forgo treatment for tumors on her brain and spine so she could carry the baby would have fatal repercussions. The cancer had marked too much territory. Nothing could be done, Phillips said.

It was only 12 days past the birth

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Useful Post:

Mikey (12-31-2011),Ray-Chill (12-27-2011)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This breaks my heart. But I do know, being a mother myself, I would do anything for my little girl. Even sacrifice my own life.

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Reminds me of twilight but more real. The creation of life truly is the greatest miracle. As one life ends, another one enters.

Her parents won't be as heartbroken.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    For me, I think this is a tragedy. I understand that she has every right to choose. But for me, she knew about the cancer before she became pregnant. When she became pregnant, an abortion would have been the medically most sensible course of action(again, I understand it was her right to choose not to have one). If she had had an abortion then, she could have had the surgery to allow her to live. Then she might become pregnant again and give birth to a child with a mother to care for her. Rather than having her recovery stopped in its tracks by an unplanned child which she was never able to even properly see. I entirely understand why she did it, I just think it's a shame that such a young life has been thrown away.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    This is unfortunate. Tumors in the brain are often inoperable to begin with and even more so if you refuse treatment so she gave that baby a life knowing that she would be gone soon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @indigo
    So, even if she lived, she would have to spend the rest of her life knowing that she voluntarily killed her child so she could live. How selfish would that be.

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree with you IndigoSunset =/ What she did is very brave in my opinion, but in my opinion she should have accepted treatment, so she could maybe have an other baby later. This child will grow whithout a mother, sure, he'll have grand parents and family, but it's not the same... But I think I can't entirely judge, because there are probably lots of things we don't know about the situation.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I hate how it happened like this, how she will never get to spend time with her little girl and how her little girl will never get to know her mother.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This is a tragedy, understood.
    This affects me personally because my aunt "sacrificed" herself for my now one of my closest cousins.
    The doctors told her that she wont survive the operation, so they told them to choose, they talked and finally they decided to save the baby.
    I ws like 2 years old back then.
    I totally understand the fact that he would never know his mother but, hes a very nice and happy person, my aunt gave him the most valuable gift of all.
    Ill always think that my aunt is a hero, and I dont think abortion is the solution, if shed aborted Id never have the terrific cousin I have now.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So sad. I agree, she was very brave to do that for her child.