DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I'm all for decriminalizing it...but when you legalize it, who will regulate it? You want the government to stick their hand in that too?
    Decriminalizing it would do a few things:
    It could reduce or get rid of jail time for canabis related offenses.
    That would include those selling and growing as well.

It wouldn't completely legalize it, but it wouldn't be a crime that you would go to jail for.

I honestly don't care one way or the other. I don't think money generated from taxing this alone would do shit too much for our economy in the long run.
    People would just find ways to go under the radar and avoid the taxes...and you all know it's true lol.
    Why would you pay more when you can get it cheaper from Juan up the road. Hell, buying/selling is already shady enough, you don't even need to change anything lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ronith (04-21-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    3h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I just really hate the fact that a lot of people in prisons are in there for drug related charges. I'm sorry, it could just be me, but I'd rather have murderers and child rapists in prison over a plethora of drug dealers.

Especially in states like California where they have the "three strike rule" a lot of the people in prisons there are on drug related charges. We have other things to be worried about, honestly. There are worse people who should be crowding up our already overcrowded prisons.

I agree about decriminalizing, but not necessarily legalizing drugs though.

There is the side of me though, that wouldn't be able to live like a person who is addicted to heroin. Drugs such as heroin do horrible things to good people. Especially when it comes to looks. Not to mention a lot of overdoses, accidental ones included. Reasons like that are why it should not be allowed to be legally sold. I also am the type of person who likes to be in control of myself. I'd prefer not to spend most of my time dozing in and out of reality.
    Last edited by sarahbella; 04-21-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Well the issue doesn't cover things like heroin or crystal meth. There's no way in hell they are going to be made legal

Usually if you are brought up on drug charges, you aren't automatically thrown in jail. Isn't there usually like a warning, or probation or something that you get first? Like a three strikes youre out kinda deal?

I mean...it is illegal, so if you get caught the first time, then a second. I think you would either be reallllllly careful or just stop. So it's their own fault.
    Just think about the billions and trillions in tax breaks we give the rich and the big corporations. The amount of money we spend to keep them in there doesn't really add up THAT much.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahbella View Post
    I just really hate the fact that a lot of people in prisons are in there for drug related charges. I'm sorry, it could just be me, but I'd rather have murderers and child rapists in prison over a plethora of drug dealers.
    Really? I'm of the opinion that drug dealers (I'm talking the big stuff here) are scum. They may be doing it to fuel their own habit but that doesn't change the fact that because of them, many more people develop an uncontrollable addiction and ruin their lives, either by getting caught for possession or because they do illegal things in order to get the money to buy the drugs they're addicted to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I personally feel that if you get caught doing something illegal when it is considered illegal then you deserve to be put in jail or if it is a lesser considered offense at the very least booked for something so it goes on record (even if they do not actually end up in jail). Not all drug charges are serious, I believe that pot chargers are lesser except for dealing, but one is not above the law simply because they think their drug of choice is wicked. If it is illegal at the time then prepare to face the legal consequences at the time. But I do believe drug related charges of high magnitude like cocaine, heroine, meth and so on should certainly be met with harsh legal jail time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    3h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    Really? I'm of the opinion that drug dealers (I'm talking the big stuff here) are scum. They may be doing it to fuel their own habit but that doesn't change the fact that because of them, many more people develop an uncontrollable addiction and ruin their lives, either by getting caught for possession or because they do illegal things in order to get the money to buy the drugs they're addicted to.
    We will just have to agree to disagree. I'm sorry but child rapists and murderers will always be above drug dealers in my book of scummy people. I do understand what your saying though and I'm not saying you don't have a point.

I completely agree that if you do the crime you do the time, but not when especially in states like California they can get life in prison for getting caught selling drugs. Some murderers are out in less. I know someone who used to be a good friend who is only serving 4 years for killing his aunt. I just don't like the idea of that. ;/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Well rapists and murders are in there as well, don't worry about that

But in many cases, drugs dealers can fall into a few categories.
    No need to glorify drugs dealers or users. Yes there are a lot of casual users who just use it here and there...but there is also a who underworld that is quite dangerous. Fuck with them, youre dead. Owe them money, youre dead.
    Let's not get it twisted, drugs are illegal. If you get caught using them, selling them, growing them; youre going to jail. Simple.

That's like saying, eh that murderer is old as shit, he won't be able to do anything again let's just let him go so that we have room for the really dangerous ones.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahbella View Post
    We will just have to agree to disagree. I'm sorry but child rapists and murderers will always be above drug dealers in my book of scummy people. I do understand what your saying though and I'm not saying you don't have a point.

I completely agree that if you do the crime you do the time, but not when especially in states like California they can get life in prison for getting caught selling drugs. Some murderers are out in less. I know someone who used to be a good friend who is only serving 4 years for killing his aunt. I just don't like the idea of that. ;/
    Cases-to-case basis. Did the drug dealer sell drugs to kids and a bunch of them died as a reult of the drugs? and so on...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    3h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    How is three strikes of selling drugs (any situation) and you get life in prison (in the states that do that) a case to case basis? o.o Maybe I'm confused what you mean.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    marijuana is too dangerous. Legalising it will give the youngsters more ways to getting it. The social conditions will worsen.