64/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by trooper View Post
    I'm not a fan of marijuana. I've done it before as well as many other drugs but I never liked the smell or the feeling it left on my throat.
    I see the reasons for and against it, but I'm personally against it. I don't think the majority of people are responsible enough for such a thing.
    That may be true but 1. I really don't see why that should be the governments call. and 2. the pros of legalization severely out way the cons. Whether or not someone likes it/does it or not I think it's important to focus on it from a political standpoint, no matter who you are. You seem like your against it more because of personal hang ups, which can be pretty detrimental to a nation when we have people voting against it just because they don't like the smell or the feeling in their throat.
    It's simply not going to have much of an impact on how things are now, if it were legal you wouldn't suddenly like it, would you? It's come to the point where it doesn't have much social stigma attached to it anymore, so to me it really doesn't seem like it would have a huge impact (if any) on the amount of people doing it, driving on it, ect.
    Last edited by drd; 07-13-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    That may be true but 1. I really don't see why that should be the governments call. and 2. the pros of legalization severely out way the cons. Whether or not someone likes it/does it or not I think it's important to focus on it from a political standpoint, no matter who you are. You seem like your against it more because of personal hang ups, which can be pretty detrimental to a nation when we have people voting against it just because they don't like the smell or the feeling in their throat.
    It's simply not going to have much of an impact on how things are now, if it were legal you wouldn't suddenly like it, would you? It's come to the point where it doesn't have much social stigma attached to it anymore, so to me it really doesn't seem like it would have a huge impact (if any) on the amount of people doing it, driving on it, ect.
    Dude, it's his opinion... let him have it. No need to go so defensive.

I see you have an opinion?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolz View Post
    Dude, it's his opinion... let him have it. No need to go so defensive.

I'm all for people having their own opinion, but is this not the debate section? He gave his opinion, I gave mine. Is that out of line somehow?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I'm all for people having their own opinion, but is this not the debate section? He gave his opinion, I gave mine. Is that out of line somehow?
    You didn't really give an opinion you did a "you're wrong, I'm right and this is why"

but what ever, you are getting defensive with me now so, let's just leave it there shall we?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/6
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    17d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    You didn't really give an opinion you did a "you're wrong, I'm right and this is why"

but what ever, you are getting defensive with me now so, let's just leave it there shall we?
    Would be the definition of debating...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

IndigoSunset (07-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh21227 View Post
    Would be the definition of debating...
    Debate -

a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote

Slamming on someone for posting an opinion is not a debate.

But since you like your definitions, here is one that fits said topic.

Bully -

use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something

See the difference?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Debate -

a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote

Slamming on someone for posting an opinion is not a debate.

But since you like your definitions, here is one that fits said topic.

Bully -

use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something

See the difference?
    I think you're overreacting a fair bit here. It's the debate section, if you post an opinion you should be prepared to have someone disagree with you. drd's post attacked the arguments not the person which is exactly how a sensible debate should be conducted.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion and this is the debate section, but let's keep it as friendly as a debate can be folks

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    73/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I am personally not a fan of pot, I've never tried it and haven't wanted to. My dad smoked it all the time and it just doesn't seem too appealing, however living in Washington State since it's now legal here(which i did not vote for)I am not against it being legal or people doing it as long as measures are in place to test drivers who are under the influence of it, which there is no real way at the moment. I think once people know how to see if you've been smoking recently or two weeks ago then I think it's a great idea for states to make extra income on the tax of it.