Thread: Thoughts on the education system?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Thoughts on the education system?

So my teacher asked us these questions. I feel like some of them, I can already tell what she WANTS the answer to be, but I would answer them differently in some respects...

Anybody wanna gimmie a hand?
    I need to answer these in complete sentences, probably at least a paragraph for each one. I can definitely do it by myself, I'm pretty good at bullshitting things, but I kinda wanna see what other people think.

I will definitely rep for well thought out answers. I'm not really looking for a useless post, like "those questions are so dumb" or anything like that.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    289 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    1) The main problems with the public school system is that kids do not get to express their self. In most schools, students are forced to wear uniforms and I feel that the students have a few rights being taken away because of how strict these so called 'Uniform policies' are. The reason why many schools have a uniform policy is because they think that the students will perform better, it doesn't make a difference! This will effect the students because they will worry about the way they look and it will cause issues for them in the future, like depression because they think they look 'ugly'. The lunch that is served in school is also a problem with the school system, because students do not realize that they are actually eating 'pink slime' and not real meat. Pink slime was once used in dog food, and the school lunch would be a waste of money anyways because most of the students will just throw away their food!

2) I honestly think that the school system is not fair because the school system takes away some rights from students. I mean, come on! Students are people too, not an animal that you can abuse and make students feel this way! It hurts the society because many of the students parents will suddenly realize how their child or children feel about their school and the parents might start home schooling their child or children! This also effects the parents because some parents cant afford a baby sitter or they could risk losing their job just to home school their child or children, and end up being not employed!

3) The school system should make their uniform policies less strict, or maybe not even have one in the first place! Students will feel more confident with the way they look and they will have a less chance of being depressed all because they don't look good in uniform! To fix the problems with the lunch served at school, the government should stop buying 'pink slime' and start giving students real food, not food that was meant to be fed to dogs! Students could get sick because of the school lunch and the government should start serving better school lunches because it will improve students attendance and students wont get sick as often as they usually do! Students were not meant to be treated like dogs for twelve years of their life!

4) Diversity is an important part of education because it will make school more fun and it will decrease the amount of students who sleep and do nothing! Students can learn with a variety of different things too, and it could improve their learning experience! If there is diversity in education, then the amount of people graduating from school and not dropping out will increase! More people will start going to college and being successful, and businesses will be able to have a more experienced employ to satisfy the customers! If school was more fun, then attendance rates will increase for students too!

5) *No response because IDK what to say*

6 *No response because IDK what to say*

@(you need an account to see links)
    Hoped my opinion helped!
    Last edited by Emiley; 04-16-2012 at 08:05 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emiley For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (04-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    1.) The public school system is flawed in that it rewards memorization over knowledge. By introducing the concept of grades a school puts emphasis on an imaginary number that summarizes a certain aspect of your schooling. Due to grades, tests become really important, while it is true that one can achieve a high grade due to true understanding of a concept, it is more likely that students cram and memorize information the night before. The downside of memorization is that it is temporary, most students forget what they learned soon after the test. In order to create a more able public system we need to emphasise learning, not grades.
    J_L_K_64 rules you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thecooliest408 For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (04-18-2012)