DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I live in Canada, we have the automatic check outs at the grocery store. I prefer a real person at the till though because I have no patience waiting in line for those who are confused about using their debit cards or cannot type in 5767 for a code on their bananas lol. But yeah it is quite possible to replace the clerk.

if we were all working together instead of looking at little differences and fighting with each other, everyone could work together for the most part and help build houses for each other.
    Sure, but figure out a way to make everyone help everyone in that manner with today's attitudes. We often help with small things, helping the neighbor build a shed or a deck maybe a playhouse for the kids but building whole houses for the entire community which takes a lot of time and physical hard labor not likely. And yeah not everyone cares about location, I would not want to live on the beach but a lot of other people would and hence the one with the most money to buy said house on the beach will get it.

why must we have to pay for a house or the location, everyone could work together and learn to build houses, then build them for free for each other. lol. Why should we have to pay for land, I mean it is free and no one owns it. Yes, I get that some people are lazy and would not want to do this, then eff them, they don't get a house if they don't want to work for it or help one another out.
    The lazy ones are the majority of the population. There will be some serious luck involve with convincing them to do hard labor for some smiles and a pat on the back. And if the land is not owned in theory a person today should be able to walk up to a real estate agent selling the land and tell them to get off the land because whoever is selling it does not actually own it and you want it therefore you should have it for free...correct idea?
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 04-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I have no patience waiting in line for those who are confused about using their debit cards or cannot type in 5767 for a code on their bananas lol.

the entire community which takes a lot of time and physical hard labor not likely.

There will be some serious luck involve with convincing them to do hard labor for some smiles and a pat on the back. And if the land is not owned in theory a person today should be able to walk up to a real estate agent selling the land and tell them to get off the land because whoever is selling it does not actually own it and you want it therefore you should have it for free...correct idea?
    first of all I lol'd at the first statement, I too hate waiting for them to figure out wtf they are doing. xD

Most people are sheep and will follow the majority of people they see doing this, and if they are told that they must help or choose to be homeless, then you could imagine what most people would do, they would help.

Yes, there has to be some boundaries once the land people are on to live are there, such as no walking up to someone and shooting them and taking their land etc. What I was trying to get at is how can someone buy and sell land in the very first place when they do not own it. (if that makes sense) like, when the first people were here on earth, there was no price tag on land etc. it should be everyone's to use to a certain point, unless someone is living there or something is going on there already.

I do agree that most of the people on earth are lazy, but you can't really blame them when foods that make you fat and lazy are cheaper than the healthy alternatives, plus people see others with lots of money relaxing all the time in spas and such on television, yes some of them have earned it in this lifetime and deserve it, but none the less it is still glamorized on TV like you can just be lazy all the time and make money.

I am not saying I am the smartest person in the world and have all the answers, but I am sure if we got teh best minds in the world together they could come up with something that works out for everyone, except maybe goldman sachs (and some others), who really does nothing at all for our world and still profits off of everything. xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Most people are sheep and will follow the majority of people they see doing this, and if they are told that they must help or choose to be homeless, then you could imagine what most people would do, they would help.
    So to make people want to help others and be a nice to each other and not fight you need to threaten them that if they do not do what is said, and be happy doing it, they get nothing. Sounds a bit contradictory because I thought people were supposed to want to do it without being forced or told by anyone. The main hurdle would be convincing enough people to do it in the first place. But I get the main idea of it.

I get the point you were trying to make about the land already being there and so on but I am saying it will not change the way things are done no matter how many people wish it (or how many Youtube videos are posted regarding it lol). If someone wants to actually make that a reality then they may need to go live in the desert or jungle or thick local forest where the land is not currently owned as a possession of sorts but until that happens it will be forking over some cash to have a home/land.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That video sounds like something from X-Files...

From Space, it seems an abstraction-- a magician's trick on a darkened stage. And from this distance one might never imagine that it is alive. It first appeared in the sea almost four billion years ago in the form of single-celled life. In an explosion of life spanning millions of years, nature's first multicellular organisms began to multiply... and then it stopped. 440 million years ago, a great mass extinction would kill off nearly every species on the planet leaving the vast oceans decimated and empty. Slowly, plants began to evolve, then insects, only to be wiped out in the second great mass extinction upon the Earth. The cycle repeated again and again. Reptiles emerging, independent of the sea only to be killed off. Then dinosaurs, struggling to life along with the first birds, fish, and flowering plants - their decimations Earth's fourth and fifth great extinctions. Only 100,000 years ago, Homo Sapiens appear-- man. From cave paintings to the bible to Columbus and Apollo 11, we have been a tireless force upon the earth and off cataloguing the natural world as it unfolds to us. Rising to a world population of over five billion people all descended from that original single cell, that first spark of life. But for all our knowledge, what no one can say for certain, is what or who ignited that original spark. Is there a plan, a purpose or a reason to our existence? Will we pass, as those before us, into oblivion, into the sixth extinction that scientists warn is already in progress?

It began with an act of supreme violence-- a big bang expanding ever outward, cosmos born of matter and gas, matter and gas ten billion years ago. Whose idea was this? Who had the audacity for such invention? And the reason? Were we part of that plan ten billion years ago? Are we born only to die? To be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth before giving way to our generations? If there is a beginning, must there be an end? We burn like fires in our time only to be extinguished. To surrender to the elements' eternal reclaim. Matter and gas... will this all end one day? Life no longer passing to life, the Earth left barren like the stars above, like the cosmos. Will the hand that lit the flame let it burn down? Let it burn out? Could we, too, become extinct? Or if this fire of life living inside us is meant to go on, who decides? Who tends the flames? Can he reignite the spark even as it grows cold and weak?