Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Menstrual cycles. ;o

I know a lot of you ladies are younger than me so you may or may not be interested in this if you're using pads or tampons, they have menstrual cups instead! It's very Eco friendly and will save you a ton of money over the years, also the pain of having to bring a tampon or pad with you to school or work, trying to change it in time before having a leak. It's a "cup" that collects the blood, if you don't have heavy cycles you could go up to 12 hours of not "dumping" it. You insert it of course, and if you do it correctly you shouldn't be able to feel it or a painful insert. If you're underage and you don't use tampons you might want to show your mom the links before buying it, some parents may want a say in this matter. Maybe she'll even make the switch too. The cup will last 5 years I believe, I bought the Diva Cup model 2 for women who have had children, mine will last 5 years. If you're under 30 with no kids you'd want model 1. There's also different brands to check out. Once you're done with your period you clean it really good and store it wherever. Mine came with a cute pouch that I keep in my purse. Here's a link for other types and where I got them. If you average the cost of pads and tampons in just two or three months you've already made it back by one cup! For $25 I don't have to worry about going to the store for any supplies or running out, or unexpected leaks while I'm out or sleeping. You can sleep in them, swim, etc.

I wish I knew about midol for cramps and the cup when I was a teen, would have saved me from the pain and the embarrassment of a leak.

(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Meagan; 04-04-2012 at 12:16 AM.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!