DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Menstruation isn't a "girl's only" sort of thing. It's not shameful, disgusting, or any other negative things society tells us to believe. There's nothing wrong with a guy coming across a conversation about menstruation and perhaps learning a thing or two. All the shame and disgust over it just makes things worse, both physically and mentally for women. It's just a natural thing the female body does. There should be no hang ups about it.

And for the record, I started menstruating at age 10. I've never wanted children. I get rather painful periods. They're more bearable by not thinking it's a horrible thing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Remember people that this topic is about the utility of having a "girl only" section, not to judge if "girl things" are embarrassing. If someone is shy about talking about them to boys, let it be.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm going to have to disagree with this suggestion. If you really have an issue that can't be discussed with guys, there are plenty of trustworthy girls here that you can PM.
    Plus, you are welcome to PM me!

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristin For This Useful Post:

John (04-02-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    There's really no need to be shy about anything specific to one sex. If you're a shy person in general, that's understandable. Otherwise you need to overcome the shyness enough to ask serious questions. Staying shy about such things isn't good for you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by aca View Post
    There's really no need to be shy about anything specific to one sex. If you're a shy person in general, that's understandable. Otherwise you need to overcome the shyness enough to ask serious questions. Staying shy about such things isn't good for you.
    Not everyone is comfortable talking about specific things in such a large group, which is understandable. The internet is a very judgmental place, unfortunately. Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone else. Technically we are all total strangers. If it's a serious issue, they need to speak with an adult (parent, teacher, etc.)...and it's perfectly fine for someone to be uncomfortable talking about such things in a place like this (because, like I said, we are technically all total strangers)

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ashley, feel free to PM me if you need any advice or questions about anything

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    A subforum only for a certain sex is still subject to be viewed by a large group.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Ashley I will also offer you to PM me if you have any questions or just need another opinion, I am most able to answer the ones about health related and science stuff haha.

But I do agree that there may be questions some women do not want to just have out in the open. A woman could be asking about her period, could be PMDD, could be guy problems, could be emotional issues that a person is fearful of being ridiculed for...could be anything and the internet still means some people would prefer certain individuals with experience such as a female answering a female related question to answer. I do not see anything wrong with that simply because of the "Being a woman I have been in that situation" relation.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Say I have one guy friend and one girl friend, I wanted to talk about my pregnancy or my hospital experience, guy friend will never get pregnant or have any sort of advice about pregnancy but my girl friend has had a child before and could talk about her similar experience. I'm not sexist or dislike men, or shy, I would prefer to talk about that subject with someone that could relate. I have no shame in talking about my menstrual cycles or "twat snot" that you have while pregnant but I'm not going to broadcast it to the opposite gender. ;o

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

Ashleys165 (04-02-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    A man could perhaps share advice about certain topics he learned from women, such as his family or his friends. And vice versa. It's just rather odd to completely disregard an entire sex as incapable of offering advice on certain topics just because they're not the same sex as you.

Besides, some things are best to be discussed with doctors as opposed to some strangers on the Internet. Doctors actually know what they're talking about.