DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    You will need to have a sit down with him that the side effects are far more dangerous than what it is worth. Not sure how serious the MMA group he is in takes steroid use in respect to the illegal side of them but if they do take it seriously and could kick someone out who uses them you may want to remind your bf of that.

The side effects though if you want a quick ballpark of the things that can happen: baldness, low sperm count, decrease in testicle size, severe headaches, increased risk of strokes and blood clots, enlarged prostate, development of breasts, liver damage (can be quite severe quite quickly), mood swings as well as increased aggressive behavior (you have already seen this happen), bowel and urinary problems, increased risk of tendon injury, impotence, aching joints, bloating, nausea, changes in cholesterol, high blood pressure and increased risk of heart disease and cardiac arrhythmias, stunting of growth, and severe acne (it can get to the point of extreme scarring and splitting of the scars into open wounds). If you would like graphic depiction of things such as the acne which does happen quite often simply Google "side effects of steroid use". The scarring is deep, dark, and very pronounced and next to impossible to fully get rid of.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

ASAP (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    He's intending to stop a few months before his first fight so it'll be out of his system. His older brother has used many steroids for competitive reasons so he thinks it's pretty fine for him. I've spoke to him about the hazardous effects it could have on his health and he seemed to listen to me. Especially when I told him how a roid rage can severely affect our relationship. I think he's going to stick to prohormones but since the effects aren't as severe, I'm somewhat tolerating it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    As a fellow fighter and follower of the sport I know it won't work out. Come on. Overeem just tested 14:1 t/e ratio and now he's not gonna get his title fight and he might be dropped from the UFC and it taints his career. Guys mess their cycles up... plus the steroids won't offer a huge advantage. So many people have tested positive after getting their asses kicked all over the place.