41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

There's a first time for everything I guess

Basically I've always said to my parents and friends that I wouldn't try weed and then lo and behold I got very drunk at a party on Friday night and shared a spliff with one of my best friends.

I'm a little annoyed at her because I've told her in the past that I am quite anti-drugs and don't want to get into them, no matter how 'safe' marijuana is. I thought she would respect that and not share her weed with me but then again she too was rather drunk so I know she's not really to blame. I am.

Now I don't really know how to feel. I suppose I should feel ashamed but I don't, not really. I feel lost, like I'm not who I was. Haha that sounds melodramatic but I've had arguments with people because they get high before.

Urgh. I don't know.

Advice/opinions on weed?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Have you told your parents and other friends that you tryed it? Yours to choose if not.
    Just wait and assume. Nothing really to do. It's not as if you totally decided to take some.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If you didn't inhale correctly, you probably were not effected enough to be "high".

I personally think weed is safer than consuming alcohol.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ASAP For This Useful Post:

thequeen (04-21-2012),zxzero (04-01-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Well,weed is not as addictive as people claim, and you will certainly not get addicted from one joint. If you were drunk then there is even less of a chance of getting addicted, because you were unable to feel the feeling that weed gives you while you are drunk, simply for the fact that your brain was already being affected by a drug called alcohol.

I hate when I see people saying things like they are anti-drug while they are holding a smoke in their hand or a bottle of beer, simply put a drug is something that alters your mind state so therefore smokes and alcohol are both drugs!

Weed is a very good drug for using to get more in touch with your creative side, just as alcohol is, many of the songs you hear (the good ones) were done because of people being high of alcohol and various other drugs. Do not put yourself down because the media tells you weed is bad, because most of the anti-drug commercials are sponsored by companies that are sponsored by alcohol companies.

I am not trying to say that you should start smoking weed as it is not for everyone, just like alcohol is not for everyone. Like ASAP said, weed is much safer than alcohol.. You have never seen someone try to stab someone else with a weed baggy, get into a fight for no reason what so ever just because they are high, or have an accident because they are high (maybe if they smoked it for the very first time and got behind the wheel then yes, because your body is not used to it and some people get very sleepy on it). The only way I can explain the feeling you get from weed is that you feel like you are in touch with something beyond yourself, kinda like god, although I am not a big believer in god or anything like that, it is the only way I can explain it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

Carrot (04-01-2012),thequeen (04-21-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Depends on how strong your feelings are about the situation. If you are unhappy that you did it because you always said you would not then simply treat it as a learning event and do not do it again because of the way you feel. Others in the same situation may not care about breaking a personal promise that they would not do it and instead begin to divulge into the word of smoking weed. It all about how you feel.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well thank you all for your responses. ASAP hmm well I think I did inhale correctly, breathed it in, held it in my lungs, then exhaled. But both my parents are smokers (cigarettes not weed) so I've practically grown up knowing how to smoke haha.

Personally I prefer to drink rather than smoke because from mine, and my friend's, experiences more serious and scary things happen while people are high than when they are drunk.

Also I do not think alcohol is as addictive as drugs. I like to drink at parties but I would never think about drinking during the week or on my own and I don't know any of my friends that do. However there are people in my year who started off smoking weed socially at parties (like I did) and progressed to doing it nearly every night, and to dealing it, and to doing harder drugs.

Now I know it's all about your personality type and such but honestly I think you have to base your opinions on your experiences and this is why I am a bit upset.

@(you need an account to see links) thank you for your response especially, it was very interesting.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to trix For This Useful Post:

zxzero (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My mom hates it, my dad supports it lol.
    I never told my parents when I smoked, they didnt need to know.
    It's nothing great in my opinion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    Also I do not think alcohol is as addictive as drugs. I like to drink at parties but I would never think about drinking during the week or on my own and I don't know any of my friends that do. However there are people in my year who started off smoking weed socially at parties (like I did) and progressed to doing it nearly every night, and to dealing it, and to doing harder drugs.
    alcohol is INCREDIBLY addictive you need to know that. also weed has no addictive properties, the only "addicts" are those who enjoy it so much they do it more and more however if they were suddenly unable to have it, they would not go through withdrawal or any of the other symptoms of addiction. also, weed is known as a gateway drug because people who use it sometimes try harder things, that is a choice and completely avoidable. most people who are weed smokers, remain that way without going onto anything harder.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

J_L_K_64 (04-01-2012),Zeus (04-01-2012),zxzero (04-01-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I personally felt better smoking than drinking, I have always felt in control smoking and relaxed. I haven't heard of someone having an overdose on weed resulting in death. While there are many people who have had alcohol poisoning, liver damage, etc. You know the risks of both, if you partake with either be safe about it, blah blah. I don't think it's a big deal, those days are over for me.

I wouldn't beat myself up over it.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

You are highly mistaken about alcohol not being addictive. May be you haven't seen it first hand or your peers doing a lot of both, but statistics are fairly accurate.

(you need an account to see links)

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

zxzero (04-01-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Yeah I agree with John here. Alcohol can in fact cause people to do some very stupid things.
    I can't really comment too much on the weed aspect, because I have never done it, and never plan to.

My reasoning behind it is that I eventually wanna try and intern at the NSA or CIA, so they do very thorough drug tests that I don't really wanna fail. I just don't really feel like I need to smoke weed to have a good time either..dunno.

I'd much rather just drink if I feel like it and go that route, drugs aren't really my scene.

But it's really up to you what you wanna do from here.
    Like you said, you weren't really aware what was going on, so you can just choose to ignore it, or just say that you have tried it and don't really wanna do it again. I don't think you should let it get to you that much, if that is why you are concerned. Shit happens, just accept it and move on and I think you will be ok

16. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

trix (04-01-2012)