DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That's completely fine I understand that. I wasn't able to afford a donation at the moment due to my husband's check being short so I decided to try my best at spreading the word and volunteer as an advocate for other youth to talk to

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
    that poor boy should learn to stand up for himself instead of being so selfish and escaping by committing suicide, leaving his family in a mess.
    This is sorta true but not the only way to look at it. I mean, yeah you leave everyone behind in turmoil if you kill yourself, but at the same time... there's a limit to how much one person can take without breaking down/going crazy. People aren't invincible, and I think the body can handle more than the mind can. I think it's selfish if your life isn't really that terrible and you're just an emo pity partier, but for some people...death is probably the best way to find peace. My 13 y/o cousin killed himself due to a similar situation, and as bad as I know it was for my family, I also don't blame him because I know it was tough for him too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    386 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Upon seeing this thread this morning I donated a significant sum (over $200) to the family via the link.

This is on behalf of the Clraik community for those who could not afford to donate themselves, much of the money was partly from my pin cracking services.

It is always a shame to see people of such a young age partaking in solutions such as these but it's also these dark times when the community becomes united, and awareness on topics such as bullying are at their peak.

I have receipts, and made an anonymous donation. I made it around 6-7 hours ago, if you would like to notify the family. I ask however that the information linked to the account stay anonymous as it is not like me to reveal my identity, even in a situation such as this. (Note I am not sure if anybody in that particular family is able to view my information, as I chose to make an anonymous donation, but regardless, thank you for understanding.)

My condolences to the family. I do not normally do stuff like this but with a similar issue affecting my community a few months back I figured it was only appropriate to help a family in need out.
    Last edited by Demo; 04-01-2012 at 03:22 PM.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Demo For This Useful Post:

Avmo (04-01-2012),Bomb (04-04-2012),Danny (04-04-2012),IndigoSunset (04-01-2012),Kad (04-04-2012),Kiminess (04-01-2012),Meagan (04-04-2012),Monark (04-04-2012),Neuropathy (04-05-2012),Ryan~ (04-01-2012),Slasher (04-04-2012),sparkling (04-01-2012),thequeen (04-09-2012),trix (04-04-2012),zxzero (04-01-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    To be honest I do agree with sparkling, I remember at age 11 I was bullied also, I used to have a 200 pound guy sit on top of me while him and another guy would pound my head in. It never discouraged me from going out side, hanging out with friends and trying to be happy still. I got beat over half of my life by my brothers dead beat father, but I never once thought about killing myself, I did think about killing him and the guys who beat me up.

One day we were all sliding on the hill and the guy comes and sits at the bottom of the hill where we were sliding and says I am not moving, so I was like ok well then I will hit you with my GT (the little snow racers), I proceeded down the hill and he moved out of the way and close lined me off the racer and tried to pull me closer to him to get on top of me to pin me down. I saw a branch of a tree laying on the ground so i picked it up and smashed it, like I was playing baseball, over the back of his legs and he fell and cried in front of everyone and didn't bully anyone else after that day.

This is not to say that I am not saddened by the loss of a person so young, but damn people need to grow some balls and realize that everyone is human and can be hurt in the same way that they hurt them.

I am glad to see a lot of people supporting this, however, there is always another way to go instead of doing the what we call "normal" way of doing things and just burn his body and keep it or dump it somewhere where he would have liked it, I am sure that he would not like to see people mourning over his death just because he wanted to get out of this hell on earth.

Just my 2 cents, sorry if you do not agree.

Also do not feel bad for me, I am very happy in my life now and everything is going great!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

Demo (04-01-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That's so sad, but sadly I don't have a paypal account of any sort. I agree with a few of you though; it is a tragic loss but the boy should not let a couple of bullies discourage him in life and let him kill himself. I don't know why the people who knew of him being bullied just decided to let it go.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Things like these happen way too often. It's terrible. :l
    Here, in the Netherlands, high school kids of multiple schools have made a list of girls that are ''easy to get''. One girl couldn't take it, as she was called out every day by strangers that had read the list, she suicided.

Kids can be so cruel. Imagine how horrible he must've felt to decide to take his own life.