54/0
    Mentioned
    289 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammeh View Post
    It's official, the games have begun! The games to which I am referring are nott simple board games, the games I am talking about are known as The Hunger Games! The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive. Ever wanted to watch a movie that had a lot of action in it? The Hunger games is the right movie for you then!

You should probably include a part about how this is after the collapse of the North American government and thats why there is a "Capitol", etc. Give some background information. How long the games have been going on, etc.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Close MSN, then reopen MSN.
    Alright, thanks! I just got done writing my second paragraph.

My first reason why you should watch The Hunger Games is because its the biggest movie. If its one of the biggest movies then it must be interesting, so you should watch it if you haven't. This movie goes along very well with the book. Unlike other movies, they are far more different than how they were written in the book! Honestly, I only watched the movie but I still love it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Alright, thanks! I just got done writing my second paragraph.

My first reason why you should watch The Hunger Games is because its the biggest movie. If its one of the biggest movies then it must be interesting, so you should watch it if you haven't. This movie goes along very well with the book. Unlike other movies, they are far more different than how they were written in the book! Honestly, I only watched the movie but I still love it.
    Is that your second paragraph?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    289 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    Is that your second paragraph?
    Yep. I'll start including background information in like my 4th or 5th paragraph.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Your supporting reasons aren't very good...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Background information should be in the Intro

The first reason as to why you should watch The Hunger Games is because it is currently the top box office movie. If its one of the biggest movies out right now, then it must be interesting! This movie is an adaption of the book "The Hunger Games" written by AUTHOR. Unlike other movies, this movie has a strong connection with the events that occur in the book!

I dont recommend using "My" " I" We", etc.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Some reason to watch this movie could be:

- It has a strong connection with it's book counterpart
    - It has a strong theme of ______(whatever the theme of the book/movie is)
    -

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    289 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    Your supporting reasons aren't very good...
    Suggest some then? I can't seem to think of any good reasons :/

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bammeh View Post
    Background information should be in the Intro

The first reason as to why you should watch The Hunger Games is because it is currently the top box office movie. If its one of the biggest movies out right now, then it must be interesting! This movie is an adaption of the book "The Hunger Games" written by AUTHOR. Unlike other movies, this movie has a strong connection with the events that occur in the book!

I dont recommend using "My" " I" We", etc.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Some reason to watch this movie could be:

- It has a strong connection with it's book counterpart
    - It has a strong theme of ______(whatever the theme of the book/movie is)
    -
    I kind of understand why you don't recommend me using "My" " I" We" now :/
    It sounds a lot more professional without me using "My" " I" We".

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

I have to have 5 paragraphs for my essay, so I can't just have all my reasons in one paragraph. Also my paragraphs have to be at least 5 or 6 sentences long.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Okay, here is what I wrote for my 3rd paragraph:

The second reason you should watch The Hunger Games is because of the training scenes. During the training scenes, two tributes are picked for each of the twelve districts. Once the tributes were chosen, they were taken to the Capitol to fight to the death. The Hunger Games movie takes place in Panem, it is a nation located in the northwestern Rocky Mountains of the former United States and Canada. Primrose was originally chosen as tribute for the 12 district, but she was scared so her older sister named Everdeen volunteered to take her place.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Avoid saying "the first reason","the second reason", "the third reason" try to tie the last sentence o paragraph 2 with the first sentence of paragraph 3.

Also, use reasons you would want someone to tell you If you were being convinced to see a movie!