Thread: What about yourself are you most proud of?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

What about yourself are you most proud of?

I pride myself on my loyalty and kindness. I really try to keep everyone around me happy and comfortable, preferably laughing at something I just said. I compliment almost everyone I see and when someone encounters me and they're not smiling and I say something that makes their day, that is the best feeling in the world to me. I don't like to see anyone sad, even people I don't know. I feel really good when I make people happy. For some people, money drives them, or sex or their career.. for me it's love. Giving it and getting it. Love makes my world go 'round.

What do you pride yourself on? What is your favorite thing about yourself?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

felixie (05-28-2019),Midas (05-28-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Mhmm, I think I'm proud about my empathy and love as well.
    Nowadays is pretty hard to find someone who believes that love will set us free from negative emotions; I enjoy finding my confort in all kinds of love: family, friends and selflove. The empathy is also a double-edged sword, because I can't hurt people the same way they have hurt me before, because... I understand their reasons, but I don't feel that need of revenge. It's not hard to me to forgive people, but I never forget what they did to me. That 'hate' feeling is not something that I'd like to carry with me, so I decide to fade it away and go ahead.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Midas For This Useful Post:

Erik. (06-01-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Whither, that’s a beautiful perspective to have in life, and you really should be proud of it. Kindness especially is such an important quality in people. Kindness begets kindness! If I had to find something about myself that I was proud of, I think it would be that I am “nice”. My twin and I once had a birthday party where my parents filmed our friends being asked to describe us in one word. I remember being a bit downcast because my twin sister had all these exciting and different words, but everybody just said that I was “nice”. I thought I was boring, truly unremarkable to have no distinguishing qualities other than “nice”. In my teens I held onto that as a negative experience, and it wasn’t until adulthood that I realised what a blessing it is in this world to meet nice people. Nice is underrated. Nice is without anger, with generosity, patience, happiness, gentleness, good humour, and love. Nice is nice!! Nowadays when I talk about nice people, I use other words. I call them lovely, kind-hearted, a good soul... but nice has a very special place in my heart!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad View Post
    Mhmm, I think I'm proud about my empathy and love as well.
    Nowadays is pretty hard to find someone who believes that love will set us free from negative emotions; I enjoy finding my confort in all kinds of love: family, friends and selflove. The empathy is also a double-edged sword, because I can't hurt people the same way they have hurt me before, because... I understand their reasons, but I don't feel that need of revenge. It's not hard to me to forgive people, but I never forget what they did to me. That 'hate' feeling is not something that I'd like to carry with me, so I decide to fade it away and go ahead.
    YES, exactly. My problem is being too forgiving, but due to recent events I find myself changing.. I am getting angry toward people in general and I hate it. I am trying hard to keep myself as I was, but people are making it really hard on me..

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by felixie View Post
    Whither, that’s a beautiful perspective to have in life, and you really should be proud of it. Kindness especially is such an important quality in people. Kindness begets kindness! If I had to find something about myself that I was proud of, I think it would be that I am “nice”. My twin and I once had a birthday party where my parents filmed our friends being asked to describe us in one word. I remember being a bit downcast because my twin sister had all these exciting and different words, but everybody just said that I was “nice”. I thought I was boring, truly unremarkable to have no distinguishing qualities other than “nice”. In my teens I held onto that as a negative experience, and it wasn’t until adulthood that I realised what a blessing it is in this world to meet nice people. Nice is underrated. Nice is without anger, with generosity, patience, happiness, gentleness, good humour, and love. Nice is nice!! Nowadays when I talk about nice people, I use other words. I call them lovely, kind-hearted, a good soul... but nice has a very special place in my heart!
    I can understand! I was kind of a person who faded into the shadows :/ Like I was outgoing and the kind of "friends with everyone" type, but never really anyone's priority, if that makes sense. It was a blessing in disguise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

Midas (05-28-2019)