18/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I am not a student, I quit school a year and some ago to help care for my father before he passed away.
    Than I had to leave all my family & friends and move to this shit hole of a town where everybody is racist against black people :/
    So I have no friends here, MY OWN choice, they are morons. & As for family, my father was the only one who supported me,
    My mother is more broke than I am, as odd as that may sound, I help her with whatever I have.
    (Me and the partner) But I mean the only reason for me seeking some kind of government help, etc is I can't find a job around here.
    It is a extremely tiny town with a population of around 3000 maybe.
    All jobs are filled, closest place to here is 30 minutes away & I have no transportation to even look for work up there.
    I am screwed pretty much, hence; why I am so addicted to clraik. I've had a few ignorant people post on my threads saying I need a life, well I LOST my life, aka my father, and everything else that was in it. So heres to a new life, a more peaceful life, regaining back who I was, I lost myself for a long time.
    I ramble too much, sorry, I probably answered your questions and some more LOL.

Not sure if you like me much, but almost every thread I post you always post a somewhat rude comment in my eyes.
    It's not LEECHING off the Government when they owe you $1200+ dollars and you haven't even heard about it yet.
    AND, That is what social services is for, TO HELP. If you were leeching, bumming, it wouldn't be an open service for people to apply for. Just saying.
    & I'm not being mean, but there's prob quite a few people here @ clraik who is, or have family members on social services, so that could be very offensive to some people. You do not know anybodys life situations.
    Last edited by SmokeToke; 03-25-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm really sorry to hear about that =/ I don't know what to say. Government is probably your best solution then. Maybe you can ask your doctor what to do, if there are any thing to help you.
    How are you living currently if you have no job and no money? Aren't there any bus?
    You can try really hard to make money here. AB, score send, do services, try getting unregistered emails...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slasher For This Useful Post:

SmokeToke (03-25-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Well, if you have to commute to find a job, then commute. Most people don't have the luxury of having a job close to their proximity. If you need the money bad enough, I would most certainly be willing to travel. The new job you would be getting would pay for your expenses to and from work.

That wasn't intended to offend you, but most people heavily abuse the system implemented in Canada. Most people who go on welfare at a young age usually stay on it for the rest of their life. Since it becomes so easy to get money. This is probably not you, but some people I know close to me did this.

I'm really sorry to hear that your father passed away..

But you should do your best to get a job before getting gov't assistance. Atleast in their eyes it shows that you attempted to get a job. It looks very bad when you don't

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Do you live with your parents and do they have Blue Cross coverage with a drug program and have you listed as a dependent? if you are attending school and under the age of 25 I believe it is you can get coverage as a dependent. Even the most basic of health insurance is cheap, the problem comes from whether or not the specific drugs are under the coverage of Pharmacare because not all will be. If you have a job you should be able to get coverage though.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronith View Post

Well, if you have to commute to find a job, then commute. Most people don't have the luxury of having a job close to their proximity. If you need the money bad enough, I would most certainly be willing to travel. The new job you would be getting would pay for your expenses to and from work.

That wasn't intended to offend you, but most people heavily abuse the system implemented in Canada. Most people who go on welfare at a young age usually stay on it for the rest of their life. Since it becomes so easy to get money. This is probably not you, but some people I know close to me did this.

I'm really sorry to hear that your father passed away..

But you should do your best to get a job before getting gov't assistance. Atleast in their eyes it shows that you attempted to get a job. It looks very bad when you don't
    Understandable 100% , But I've worked at 13, and I've had 4 different REAL jobs. I just haven't been able to get work here, like I mentioned*.
    So, no worries about the looking bad part, they'll see I paid in my shares.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I do not live with my parents, as I mentioned, my father passed away a year and a half ago, and my mother is doing more poorly than I am.
    So therefore; parents are not a go to for me.
    ALSO, I understand about the being in school.
    I am going back next year when I turn 19 to the adult learning program.
    It will take 8 months to get my grade 12 than I'm off to Culinary Arts
    Last edited by SmokeToke; 03-25-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    hmm...you might have to do some calls into Blue cross or Pharmacare to see what they think would be your best options. Or call into the Welfare department of the Nova Scotia government and ask some questions. They are really the only source in knowing what you should do. Having a job is obviously the easiest way to be covered but being a dependent would also work even if your mom does not have a lot of money, the plans for health care are cheap...some can be in the range of $35/month. But you would need to be living with her in order to be covered as a dependent. Another thing you can inquire about is if you are currently going to be started up on the high school courses again you can be listed as a student which will have more advantages.

oh and btw it is mentioned not menchained

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

SmokeToke (03-25-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for the grammar correction,
    not like it was needed,
    but thanks anyways.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    From what I'm understanding she is not physically able to just get up a get a job, guys.

I would try welfare (if you have not already), and give applying for disablility a shot as well.
    And if you do have spare time while you're on here, try getting in dept with this whole business like John suggested
    [That's also something I want to start doing lol]
    Anyways, I really do wish you the best Shan and good luck with everything

11. The Following User Says Thank You to victoriamle For This Useful Post:

SmokeToke (03-25-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriamle View Post
    from what i'm understanding she is not physically able to just get up a get a job, guys.
    thank you for reading this thoroughly
    & thanks alot for your input, means quite alot ma love.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If you can afford to do drugs. Why can't you pay for your own medication? How much drugs do you need?

You have interesting priorities...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ronith For This Useful Post:

John (03-28-2012),Meagan (03-28-2012),Ryan~ (03-26-2012),Solgaleo (03-28-2012)