As the title states. So here�s the story. We have rural internet 300gb per month of usage. We just stream on our Apple TV and use our phones and laptop for internet emails etc. Never in the past year have we gone over 200gb of data usage.

My husband informs me yesterday that 4 days into our billing cycle we have somehow managed to use 45% of our data. 130gb in 4 days people!!! 4 days!!!!

I called the service provider and they stated in 2 days we used 110gb of data and some days was a constant download
of 2.5 gb/hr from 7am to 2am the next day.

Did I mention we work full time and are not home from 6:30am to 5:00pm? We don�t leave the TV or Apple TV on and the Laptop is also closed and or phones are obviously on our person. How in the heck is this possible?!

Yes our router is password protected and we don�t have anyone remotely close by who could even access it unless they stood on our property for those hours. And if they were well that is just freaky.

I was told to turn off the router for 4 hours then call back the provider the hours is was off so they can see if there is an error on their end.

I am just curious on what the heck could have been chewing through our data and if there are any steps I can take to prevent it from happening again?

Thanks all!