DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I know how you feel, I get really mad when see females carrying everything while males just lazed around... this isn't personal discrimination, I'm talking specific people in my life.
    When I think about it my head just boils up and I feel like I want to explode :L

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Some women CHOOSE to do things like this. Some women carry their own things to be "independent".

When I see a woman cutting grass, it confuses me.

Women belong in the home, with the family. Men belong at work, and doing man things like fixing cars and yard work.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    They hardly ever hire females :/ They treated my girlfriend like an idiot because she went in and bought me Catherine for my Birthday :/ As if she didn't know what the hell she was doing in their

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I know this is a little dead, but can I just add, as a female who worked for GameStop for close to three years (I was an assistant store manager):

1. Believe me, the employees do not want to harass every customer who walks in (I saw a few people mentioning that they just want to shop in peace and if they have a question, they'll ask)- but Gamestop Corp (btw, GameStop and EB games are the same company. GameStop purchased EB Games) harasses employees to "engage" the customer meaning we had to get out from behind the counter and walk over the every customer. The tapes get reviewed, and if they don't see you engaging customers, you get to hear about it.

2. If you get ignored, it's probably not because you're female. It's probably because a) you looked like you knew what you wanted or b) they were trying to make a sale. or c) were really involved in their conversation with other customers. I know at my stores, the guys would always get caught up in their conversations. I generally fall into the stereotypical "girl who plays video games" category. I don't like shooters- because I'm terrible at them. Give me my Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Dynasty warriors and I'll be happy. Give me my stereotypical girly games- Harvest Moon, Sims, Lego, etc. and i'm over the moon. In my store it worked out well that way- it left the boys to talk to the guys about shooters and such, and I handled the parents with young children, grandparents, and girls like me. I had my few that liked the same games and would talk to me about it, but generally, it's very stereotypical there.

3. I liked doing the heavy lifting when I worked there. Not that I was great at it. But i really enjoyed processing shipments and fending for myself- proving my right to be there (of course..I was one of the most competent on staff, so all the managerial duties fell to me). The only think I didn't do was climb on the ladders- because I have a phobia of ladders. And my staff and customers knew that (I was known as "Gamestop girl. Which was really weird for me whenever I was out, not at work, and people would say "HEY Gamestop girl! How are you?").

there is a lot of stereotypes in the company and the clientele. I'm sorry you guys had awful experiences, but I'm pretty sure that was either bad employees...and little to nothing to do with gender.

as an aside, I think the funniest thing that happened, on this topic, while I was working for Gamestop, is one night a guy came in and i went over to see if i could help him with something. He refused to talk to me, because I was a girl, and was really certain I didn't know anything about video games. So he stood and waited for my one employee to be done talking to another customer and proceeded to ask him in depth about the PS3. my employee didn't HAVE a PS3 and really didn't know the answers to his questions. So he said "You know, let me think about that...hold on" and then shouted my name. I looked up and my employee asked the questions to me, which I answered. The guy was staring at me dumbfounded. My employee said to him "Yea man, she's my boss. And I'll be honest with you, I don't have a PS3. But you know who does? Her. So if you want to know about them, I'd suggest talking to her."

-shrugs- Just my little 2 cents from a former employee.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    1. Believe me, the employees do not want to harass every customer who walks in (I saw a few people mentioning that they just want to shop in peace and if they have a question, they'll ask)- but Gamestop Corp (btw, GameStop and EB games are the same company. GameStop purchased EB Games) harasses employees to "engage" the customer meaning we had to get out from behind the counter and walk over the every customer. The tapes get reviewed, and if they don't see you engaging customers, you get to hear about it.
    -start rant-

The GameStop/EB sales push is annoying. We are constantly told to approach every customer and literally push a sale or atleast a preorder. In aus we have EB World and literally its just a reason for EB to push more sales directly to your email. To top it off in Australia there is a 50% mark-up on all games. Yep. I love working with games and some of the people that shop there. Its nice to just randomly chat about things, but I hate the company and how it rips off people and I feel terrible for doing so -end rant-

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) , how did i not know you where aussie? lolz

Yer i get all my games from ozgameshop.com, Most gamers that do there research and can be bothered waiting for like a week buy from them. It comes from the UK but they are the same region as us. Unless i want the game really badly then ill go to eb or somewhere, It's not just EB that ripe you off (but they are the worst) it's the same with Game, Kmart etc.

If you work at like box hill or doncaster that would be a little freaky

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Khelddar For This Useful Post:

Chi (05-03-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Lol, No I'm currently living in Tasmania :< How sad. Im originally from Sydney though. I personally don't buy ANY of my games from EB Games. Digital is the way to go, and amazon for PS3 games that I really want. The only game I purchased was Dance Central 2 and that is about it

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Lol EB Games here in Australia the guys are very nice. They also employ girls.

I always flirt with them idk why they're usually hot nerds but anyway. I go in there to buy neocash like ALL THE TIME. And they don't seem to laugh, poke faces or act retarded about it And I'm almost 19, so they have a right to feel weird about me buying something to do with neopets.

@(you need an account to see links)

I was there 5 months and NC was so hard to find there. And then one day in Ulverstone at Woolworths I was like.. What the heck? THEY SELL NICKELODEON CARDS?! And they worked with Neopets. And they give 3 boxes, not 2
    Last edited by Becka; 05-03-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ha, alot of times I go in there, and they don't know what i'm talking about, and talk to me like i'm stupid, just bc i know more than they do lol!!! it does piss me off, but my new gamestop iv been going to only has 2 guys that iv seen, the rest are girls

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    24d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    No problems on my end.
    The gamestop I go to the guys are nice, I applied there though and didn't get hired, but I'm pretty sure it's because more people applied and were probably more qualified than I was at the time.

I could have had a 20 minute conversation with one of the guys working there if it weren't for the people waiting in line after me!