DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I am going to have to agree with simple bad customer service and not a sex discrimination act. Some people are just dumb and do not want to work so they will avoid customers we have all had that experience at some place at some point in time. But if you did not hear their actual conversation, like Zoroark said they could be friends, they could be using a simple sales tactic of chatting someone up about something unrelated to a game in order to build a rapport with the customer so they are more likely to make a sale. Unless there was a plethora of people coming in and out of the store being helped before you and they still ignored you in that case this is basically bad customer service. In the working world the sexual discrimination is going to be a hell of a lot worse compared to a small game shop if that was indeed the case.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm going to agree and also disagree. I have felt some sexual discrimination at our GameStop before, but our GameStop is also known for its terrible customer service.
    I've found that if I mention that I'm buying something for my husband (whether I am or not), it usually gets me the service I need.

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by ickybodclay View Post
    Yes I know thats what they were doing; I did not expect to have to explain myself this much over an event that was already stressful to me for one it's stressful because I dealt with female discrimination in MMO's all the time ( girls are worse than guys, etc etc.) and to deal with that in real life after quitting MMO's on a pretty regular basis by chains such as gamestop. I was trying to find companionship in someone who had been thru something like that BECAUSE of being a female, therefore by sharing I would feel somewhat better about what has happened but this is the result so yeah I regret even posting this..

I thought this forum would be more supportive but all i've felt is tore down in this thread. I understand you guys don't know me that's fine, but if it was you in my shoes I would try to understand your situation and if I couldn't share an event of my own I would either move on or give you my condolences; instead of trying to factcheck nitpick whatever you want to call it. You may not be trying to be rude but when someone is sharing something emotionally damaging one of the worst things you can do is that.

let me just say that i don't see anyone deriding you here, or belittling you or anything, however, there aren't a whole lot of bad feelings for ya either, honestly, we don't know what happened there, and we are all just giving our points of view, nothing wrong with that, everyone has their own point of view on everything, if a robber robs a bank and 20 people are there, there will be 20 different stories of what happened.........ya know?...........

anyways............ most of us have had that happen to us, being ignored at a store, some like it (me & I_royalty_I), some don't, don't matter, you deal with it and move on, yeah it's a bitch and it shouldn't happen, but it does, that's life, life ain't gunna be a picnic the entire time, you're gunna have bad spots, and dealing with those rough patches are what makes you the person that you are
    just report it and ignore it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I just want to point out this isn't even really a big deal. You got ignored. Yes, it sucks. But don't let it bother you. People are mean. People are rude. It's life.

You may have been discriminated against. But in all odds, guys are going to want to help a female customer out. Guys like chicks. They were probably just busy. Don't let it bother you

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan~ For This Useful Post:

J_L_K_64 (03-25-2012),Slasher (03-25-2012),Solgaleo (03-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Depends on the guys, some are the stereotypical "geeks" and may actually be afraid of women because they simply may not have much experience interacting with them. And if that type of guy worked in a game shop he may hope that another employee talks to a girl rather than him because he is simply not that comfortable talking to women. It has happened to me lol. I asked question about some game for my bf and he was stumbling his words and saying umm umm a lot and turned beet red. Not sure what his deal was but he was definitely not ignoring me and he did have that demeanor that he almost scared or nervous to talk to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Depends on the guys, some are the stereotypical "geeks" and may actually be afraid of women because they simply may not have much experience interacting with them. And if that type of guy worked in a game shop he may hope that another employee talks to a girl rather than him because he is simply not that comfortable talking to women. It has happened to me lol. I asked question about some game for my bf and he was stumbling his words and saying umm umm a lot and turned beet red. Not sure what his deal was but he was definitely not ignoring me and he did have that demeanor that he almost scared or nervous to talk to me.
    no, you're just an imposing figure in person, lol
    just report it and ignore it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to J_L_K_64 For This Useful Post:

Ryan~ (03-25-2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I typically go inside with my boyfriend and allow him to make the purchases. Prior to doing that, I did notice many of the male staff were unwilling to help me or grew tense as I asked questions or for help.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    So, they're most likely scared. Right?

Thanks