Thread: [Nintendo Switch] Has anyone used custom firmware on their console?

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    63d 18h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m

[Nintendo Switch] Has anyone used custom firmware on their console?

I've heard about Reinx and Rajnx, but im not sure how they work or the difference
    I bought a console that i think has both and already has some games installed, but i was told i have to do some steps before playing, with a device called RCM loader.
    I dont use wifi because im afraid they'll ban the console.

Does anyone know how it works?
    Do I have to do the same process with the RCM loader everytime?
    And can I turn on the wifi if i want to play a physical game?

If someone knows and can answer i would really appreciate it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    17d 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Following

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    following

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    This thread is months old, but I have a pretty good answer for you!

Requirements:
    * An unpatched Switch (check (you need an account to see links) to see if your switch is compatible!)
    * A paperclip, premade 'jig', or small wire
    * A microsd card over 32gb (important!)
    * A Windows PC

To start with, if you're never going to go online ever with your console (meaning, you want to install illegal downloads of games you don't own, among other things CFW offers), ReiNX will probably be the best bet for you, as it already has built in sig patches.

If you want to use CFW for, like, game modifications or backing up saves, you CAN go back online after you turn your system off to get out of CFW. But you WILL be banned if you installed games you do not own! So keep this in mind. Use (you need an account to see links)for this and NOT ReiNX, because ReiNX just uses an old fork of Atmosphere, and may send invalid headers to Nintendo. There IS always a risk of being banned using CFW, online or not, so just be smart about what you do.

Getting into RCM mode is arguably the hardest part of Switch hacking, and is the first step to getting it on your console. If you have a 3D printer you can borrow, you will want to print off a jig you can fit a paperclip into so you can access RCM mode easily whenever you want to launch RCM. (or you can just order the jig online, I did this. (you need an account to see links). pick your 3d printer site of choice)
    If you DON'T want to do this, it's perfectly possibly to bend your own paperclip into shape, it just fucking sucks to do, and you most likely will not get it right the first ten times.

What your paperclip should look like.

After you get into RCM mode, the rest is easy peasy. It's a lot of dragging files onto the SD card and waiting. You can check out (you need an account to see links) on reddit for a complete teardown that is better formatted than this post LOL.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoyru For This Useful Post:

Birdtail (02-21-2019),j03 (01-18-2019)