DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    We are all be part-angel, part-demon on the inside, with different parts becoming more dominant depending on the circumstance. I doubt that there is such a thing as a totally good, or totally bad person. We all switch between the two from time to time.

But if I had to make a choice, I'd say bad. Children seem more prone to enjoy hurting others, before the environment sets in.
    Last edited by saltymushi; 04-02-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Don't you think that child sometimes don't know how bad they can hurt people? And that hurting them is making them stronger and more popular? I don't if I can consider children as "bad". Ignorant could be a better description.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    Don't you think that child sometimes don't know how bad they can hurt people? And that hurting them is making them stronger and more popular? I don't if I can consider children as "bad". Ignorant could be a better description.
    Some of them seem to derive enjoyment from watching people suffer. Furthermore, I think that it is when people are ignorant, and hence unaffected, that their nature can be seen. Perhaps they'd change if they knew how bad they hurt people, but it wouldn't be in their nature to do something like that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    To the children comments, I believe it's the reaction they get when they do wrong. Negative attention is better than no attention. My daughter is only 8 months old and thinks it's hilarious to pinch me by my reaction, it's funny to her when I yelp. As she gets older if I don't learn to discipline her she'll continue to hurt me, possibly, but there's more times when she shows affection and cuddles on me when she wants comfort. So I'd say there's 50/50 in everyone, at least at some point in their life.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    1d 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Bad. Take away laws and we revert to cave men.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Human nature is bad. Although most people are not completely bad, there are so many examples of bad human nature. Humans are fueled by greed, anger, lust, and many other negative emotions. Are the books we read in English class ever about the positives of human nature? Usually not.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by tofusquares View Post
    Human nature is bad. Although most people are not completely bad, there are so many examples of bad human nature. Humans are fueled by greed, anger, lust, and many other negative emotions. Are the books we read in English class ever about the positives of human nature? Usually not.
    Or maybe, human nature is bad because we teach it as such as you said? There's got to be a flip side.

I personally think human nature is inherently bad, but you have to ask why and if at the core that is really true. As we see it in today's society however, it's definitely malevolent.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    you can't just say that human nature is entirely good or entirely bad
    there's cases which show that human nature is good e.g. the woman who helped the little girl in china who was ran over
    and bad e.g. the guy who actually ran her over and drove away
    everybody's human nature is different
    hence why we have (had) people like mother teresa and hitler.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree and don't believe human nature in itself is bad. There's many circumstances that can affect the nature of one. Family, wealth, and background history (heritage) can play a major role in the outcome of one's human nature. So I don't think there's a direct answer of good or bad when it comes to human nature.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    both, We all have evilness and kindness