72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Human Nature: good or bad?

Remember debate rules before posting, such as : no flaming/harassment, no spam, post sources and
    minimum of 3-5 sentences per reply.
    AND BE RESPECTFUL TOWARDS THE OPINION OF OTHERS

Is human nature good or bad?

This question is still a debate for me. I don't think that any human can really be bad because of themselve only. Really hard situations can make people doing actions hurting other. We are all making our own choices, but they are mostly influenced by the education we received and the person close to us.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I personally think human nature is bad. 90% of people won't admit this, but we have all wished someone dead or maybe even had thoughts of killing someone that we hate/annoys us. I believe if there wasn't a threat to be thrown in jail, all humans would steal, injure, or even kill lots of other people to get what they want. How hard a persons life is has nothing to do with how they are as an individual, in my opinion. You hear about/see rich, respectable people doing bad things all the time. We're mammals, and I think we have lots of bad in us. Not saying we have no good

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    ^ I agree with Cara in most ways, But I do believe you follow others footsteps to become bad.
    It sounds odd, but I know so many people who we're pure and good. After hanging with a few of the wrong people,
    They turned over, which is expectable I suppose, but I mean I had a tough life myself, and I know I hated the world because I was suffering. I guess it all depends on the person really.
    EVERYBODY is different, like Cara said, we are ALL mammals, and no Animal, Mammal, Rodent, etc is the same through out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think that every action HAVE to bring something better than worst in our toughts before doing it. Why do you want someone to be dead or hurt? Because you don't like him/her, because they have hurted you in any direct/indirect way. Nobody likes to suffer. Wouldn't it be normal to wish that some people couldn't make us suffer anymore or get a revenge?
    Steal/kill/etc. if there weren't any rules? Maybe not, if society wasn't actually that much pushing us to buy more and more things. If everyone was having their basic need completely full, would their be so much violence? Maybe less, if we wouldn't always want to have more.
    In my opinion selfish is in our nature and it is bad, but society is making our nature going very worst.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree 100%
    The way people build their profiles nowadays is based on our economy.
    WE drive people to do what they do, not themselves.
    It's called peer pressure & stupidity LOL.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    108 times
    Time Online
    7d 20h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    This reminds me of Lord of The Flies....

But anyways, I think Human nature is generally bad.
    I don't think it's 100% what's around us that influences our bad nature.
    The fact that man has had to survive through the ages through violence gives us the "bad nature."
    You can say it's in our genes to harm others/do violence, but almost 50% of people will disagree.

Just remember: Mankind is God's most imperfect creature and there will always be that "kick" in the back of your head to do bad things.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Human Nature is fueled by self interest. Your perception of good or bad is dictated by it,

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    28m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No one is completely good and no one is completely bad. We all have those days when things just go really badly, and we have a want to make others suffer. We may be greedy and inconsiderate at times, not to mention lazy. However, there are things that we do that are good, like helping others.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Ying Yang theory; everything in the world is in balance (circular).

Black = evil, darkness, masculanity, night, war (everything)
    White = good, light, feminity, day, peace (everything)

If you pay close attention you will notice that the black has a white spot in it and vice versa. Meaning nothing is solely one thing. Good people have tiny capacity to do bad, and bad people have a tiny capacity to do good. Masculinity has a tiny element of feminity and vice versa.
    Philosophy through the ages =)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    No one is born evil or bad, and no one goes out into the world saying ok I am going to screw all these people over today. They obviously find a way to make what they are doing right in their heads. Most of the events that you see have a thing called group thinking and/or obedience to authority; look at the Milgram experiments for more information on this. I believe that it has a lot to do with pressure from society and media for 80% of it, the other 20% is you letting it get to you and then letting the pressure that is placed upon you get to you, mainly because you see other sheeple doing it.

If you need me to elaborate more or have any questions feel free to say anything; if you don't understand something I said. Constructive criticism is always welcomed, hit me up on a PM and I will edit this with your question and name (if you want it there).