172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m

E3 2018 Discussion Board

With E3 currently going on, I thought it would be a good idea for people to be able to discuss some of the announced games. What are you hyped for? What disappointed you?

Personally, I'm flooding my basement because Bethesda actually did the right thing and teased The Elder Scrolls VI at long last.

TES VI teaser:

It shows next to nothing, but I'm still psyched. Judging by the environment, people are guessing Hammerfell as a potential setting. Personally, I was hoping for Valenwood (I always play Wood Elf), but I'll take it. I just hope that they don't try to make it online or anything that deviates from what TES games are supposed to be.

I also really enjoyed the "Skyrim: Very Special Edition" video. I love that they're taking the piss out of themselves like this.

Dying Light 2:

Dying Light was great, so I'm keen for another version. The 'choices matter' aspect that the presenter talked about is good too; that sort of thing always helps with replayability.

Fallout 76:

I enjoy the Fallout series, and having a world x4 bigger is exciting, but being online only is disappointing. The redeeming feature of it is that you can play solo though. I was really worried that it would be forced multiplayer. Being told that there are only dozens (not hundreds/thousands) of other players per server, I wonder how well that'll go. That'll require a fucktonne of servers.

Gears of War Pop: WTF were they thinking with this?

I haven't played the Gears of War series, but when I saw that they were doing a crossover with Funko Pops, a la the Lego games, it just looks weird and stupid.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Cybun (06-10-2018),Nyu (06-11-2018),rallygou (06-11-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    I loved the first game (Ori and the Blind Forest), it's one of my favorite games EVER and this is saying a lot, because I'm Mrs. Hard-to-Please.
    The cutscenes use the in-game engine, so they aren't misleading and are pretty much what you should expect for your gameplay experience!
    I'm so excited, I can hardly spend an hour without re-watching the trailer.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (06-10-2018),Menine (06-12-2018),rallygou (06-11-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 7h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    (you need an account to see links)
    I want to try and get a lot of games but my most anticipated one? .. This^
    It's been a long wait (since.. 2012?) and I can't believe we finally have a trailer with those amazing visuals and music ...I've never been so hyped !!

My only dissapointment so far: "The Command and Conquer" was very sad to watch ..
    The "Gears Pop!" seems silly but fun.. and afther that, it was the BIG game release, so it was good timing,
    Last edited by rallygou; 06-11-2018 at 03:58 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by rallygou View Post
    (you need an account to see links)
    I want to try and get a lot of games but my most anticipated one? .. This^
    It's been a long wait (since.. 2012?) and I can't believe we finally have a trailer with those amazing visuals and music ...I've never been so hyped !!

My only dissapointment so far: "The Command and Conquer" was very sad to watch ..
    The "Gears Pop!" seems silly but fun.. and afther that, it was the BIG game release, so it was good timing,
    Cyberpunk looked like might be ok. I'm cautiously optimistic. I like that it'll be DRM-free at release, so I can play it before I commit to money. Obviously if it's good, then I'd support the devs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 5h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I'm hyped for Kingdom Hearts III, feels like forever since it was announced, but I'm sad it's delayed although this is Square Enix so also not entirely suprised.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeri View Post
    I'm hyped for Kingdom Hearts III, feels like forever since it was announced, but I'm sad it's delayed although this is Square Enix so also not entirely suprised.
    Yeah, I didn't put that on my list because I've been far too disappointed to give any shits anymore. I was a spring chicken back when it was first talked about. Now I'm a crotchety old lady that they've pissed off with their constant delays, so they can get fucked if they think I'm spending $100 on it anymore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Yeri (06-11-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    34d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'm really hyped for Capcom to announce something about RE2 Remake. It's being a long time since they said something about it

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    45d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Super hyped about Fallout 76! I've played vanilla and Fallout 3, haven't really touched it since but have been following them from the afar. As always, I'm impressed by the environment art and I think 76 is the one to finally draw me back into the franchise. I'm also pumped about Unravel and the Ori game, these are the type of games I pick up and drop all the time but still - they're beautiful. And of course, Fortnite - but mostly for the party bus, I'm already a fan XD

These are also on my "hmm-maybe-I'll-buy-this" radar: Anthem, The Division 2, Skull and Bones, Sea of Solitude

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    So incredibly excited for Fallout and Skyrim! I didn't enjoy the first Dying Light, so I don't think I'll be picking up #2.

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 4h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Cyberpunk looks so good, Fallout: 76 mite b fun, Im meh about ES6 but Skyfall looks interesting (wish they would have waited til they had more than a title though??) DMC 5 could be okay, new Tomb Raider looks AWESOME I love Aztec shit, hoping for more stuff to hype me tonight at Sony.