28 times
    Time Online
    29d 13h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

Official Charity Corner 2018 Thread

(you need an account to see links)

This event is now over.

The event ran from March 12th at 12:00 pm NST, through March 23rd at 10:00am NST.

If you're not sure how CC works or have never been apart of one, the simplest explanation is that TNT asks for certain items, you donate these items, and get prizes in return. In previous years it has worked differently, but this year it appears you will earn points towards a prize shop. The higher the rarity item donated, the more points.

Points for donations:

r1-r79: 1 point
    r80-89: 2 points
    r90-97: 6 points
    r98-r100: 8 points
    r101: 1 point
    r102-r175: 4 points
    r200: 15 points

(you need an account to see links)

Does the rarity of the items I donate affect the points I earn?
    Yes, the higher the rarity of an item you donate, the higher the points you earn for it.

For how long will the Make a Difference drive be available?
    The Make a Difference Drive will start on the 12th of March at 10:00:00 NST and will go on for 11 days, ending on the 23rd of March at 10:00:00 NST.

How do I donate items to the Make a Difference Drive?
    Head over to the Charity Corner hub page. For NP items, click Donate NP Items and pick items you want to donate from your inventory. These items will show up when you click on the drop down menus. Once you have selected all the items you want to donate, click Donate and contribute to the drive. Every item donated will earn you points that you can redeem at the prize shop after the event ends. For NC items, complete Step 1 by buying a pack of your choice and proceed to Step 2 to donate from your inventory. Items donated here will earn you a receipt that you can redeem at the Gift Shop immediately.

I have donated but haven’t got any prizes in return. When can I expect them?
    Every donation will earn you points. Since Granny believes that charity should be for the sake of helping those in need and not a means to earn prizes, you can redeem the points you earn for something else instead. Something special that she has arranged for you by pulling some strings and getting in touch with some very influential people. At the end of the event, go over to the prize shop to redeem your points for these boons. Psst, don’t go telling you heard it from us!

Is there a specific kind of item you are looking for?
    No. Anything you donate can and will make life a little better for those Neopians who have lost their homes and hearths to the destructions. From food to books to toys to everything else in between, every donation you make will earn you points that you can later redeem.

What can I donate to the Make a Difference Drive?
    Absolutely anything! Granny is looking to rehabilitate all Neopians affected by the Wraiths and anything you can come forward with will go a long way in making that a success. Rest assured; your generosity won’t go unnoticed. Though Granny insists charity is only for the sake of charity this year, a little birdie told me she has something grand planned out! Granny will reward you with points for every item you donate to the drive and you can redeem your points at the prize shop for something extra special. Extra special what, you ask? You will have to find out, won’t you? At the end of the event, you will also receive a trophy and bonus prizes!

What is the Make a Difference Drive?
    Charity Corner is an annual charitable event run by Granny Hopbobbin. The Year 20 version of the event is called the Make A Difference Drive as this year, the kindly Granny has decided to lend a hand and make a difference to the lives of all those who have been affected by the war against the Wraiths. You can join in and help make her event a roaring success by donating as many items as you possibly can. There are no limits to what or how much you can donate so be extra generous. Now, don’t go ask Granny what you are getting in return for your generosity. She will probably tell you off but we have it on good authority that something special is coming your way. Make sure to visit the prize shop at the end of the event.

Prizes are below as follows.
    Notable Achievement

Your pet will be showcased on the homepage for an entire day for your generous contributions.
    Duration : 7 days
    Coming soon

Burp!
    All the pets in your account will be fed and full for an entire week. This perk can be applied thrice.
    Apply

Limited Edition
    Allows you to convert any one of your pets into a limited edition species of your choosing.
    Duration : NA
    Apply

Healing Hoopla!
    Restore your active pet's hit points and get them ready to take on another challenger. This perk can be applied thrice.
    Apply

Bigger is Better
    Allows you to upgrade the size of your inventory by 5 slots. This perk can be applied twice.
    Apply

Novel Experience
    Experience a new way of playing without ads for a period of 5 days.
    Duration : 5 days
    Apply

Bonus Feature
    Look out for the multiplier sticker on games to boost your Neopoints. Once activated, this perk will be valid for 24 hours.
    Duration : 1 day
    Apply

Bring Back the Old Days
    Is there a site theme you wish you had? Here's your chance to turn back the clock and get a site theme you don't have. Make sure to check out the list of available site themes in the FAQs.
    Apply

In a New Avatar
    Get an avatar you don't have from a select list of avatars. Make sure to check out the list of available avatars in the FAQs.
    Apply

Dragon Drama
    Collect your redeem codes for the Mystery Dragon Egg Chest in School of Dragons. Look out for the Redeem button in the settings to use the codes. View this Help Page to walk you through the steps! (Note: Code redemption is not currently supported for games installed through Window App Store.
    Coming soon

Spiked!
    Allows you to spike up your active pet's Battledome Stats and add to either strength, movement, intelligence, health, level or defence.
    Coming soon

Colour it Wild!
    Allows you to get your pet zapped with exclusive Lab Ray colours.
    Apply

Random Acts
    Guarantees a positive random event every day for an entire week. Make sure to log in everyday from the day you avail this to receive all 7.
    Apply

Bank Bribery
    Raise your interest rate at the bank by 3%. Note: The Charity Corner 'Bank Bribery' perk does not stack with the Skirmish boon of the same name, which leaves you free to choose another boon should you be a member of the winning faction at the Battleground of the Obelisk.
    Duration : 1 Year
    Coming soon

Glam Up
    Get 300 NC and finally buy those clothing items you've been longing for.
    Apply

Cheaper by the Dozen
    Circumvent the old rule at the stock market and purchase stocks selling for as low as 10 NP.
    Note: The Charity Corner 'Cheaper by the Dozen' perk does not stack with the Skirmish boon of the same name, which leaves you free to choose another boon should you be a member of the winning faction at the Battleground of the Obelisk.
    Duration : 1 Year
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamerkid1; 03-27-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    3d 12h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hopefully these boons are good... ugh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    29d 13h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Honestly, if the prizes are only boons, its going to be a total flop

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gamerkid1 For This Useful Post:

rmichi1 (03-12-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'm really looking forward to donating all of my excess ectoplasm to get a bunch of keyrings in return!!!

In all seriousness, if the prizes aren't random, nothing will be worth anything and this probably will be a waste of time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    they fucked up with CC, i spend 30m since it was my first cc and got really disapointted, someone should make a program to donate it all now that we get nothing in return

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I don't think they fucked up, at least prices won't go down.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

Daffodil (03-12-2018),donuts210 (03-12-2018),Ked (03-12-2018),Menine (03-12-2018),Salivating Slorg (03-12-2018),Zorro (03-12-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I think this is a good idea - the randomness / deflation is what they were trying to fix but made it worse.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to munsterpoo For This Useful Post:

Zorro (03-12-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    There's some r200 items that aren't inflated, yet!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    I don't think they fucked up, at least prices won't go down.
    areyou sure? let's see untill jn post the prizes and the top prize is an elderly paint brush and the top donaters will be able to buy 100 of them lol such a disgrace

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

rmichi1 (03-12-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    34d 1h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m