Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

How to safely buy a UC?

I'm panning on buying my first UC but was wondering if anyone had any tips? The pet is going to be sent to a side first and sit there for a couple weeks. Is there anything else I should be doing to reduce any chance of my account being frozen? Thank you for all your help.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Dont go on the pc and youll be fine

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Warframe View Post
    Dont go on the pc and youll be fine
    Fortunately, I never really go on the PC and rarely post on the boards. I've looked at guides and they say you need to update a pet's cache- does that still apply now?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by bassetluv902 View Post
    Fortunately, I never really go on the PC and rarely post on the boards. I've looked at guides and they say you need to update a pet's cache- does that still apply now?
    Caches have been dead since the introduction of captchas

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Put a counter on the pet lookup whilst it sits on your side, that way you can tell if anyone is stalking it. Not my advice I saw someone else say it and thought it a clever idea.

Not so much of a worry if its a less rare or lesser well named UC but for VWN or higher tier pets it won't hurt to doeapecially if you're going to let it sit anyway!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

bassetluv902 (02-24-2018)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by bassetluv902 View Post
    Sorry, "never really" and "rarely post" won't be good enough. You legitimately have to stay off of basically every way of having your account seen. No items in your shop, no high scores (meaning you have to avoid some dailies), nothing at all that will allow someone else to connect to your account lookup.

On top of this, I think some losers with no lives already have a list of all UC's and they periodically check this list to see if there are any pets moved. And then they will end up reporting the pet.

Of course, you can always have that stroke of luck where you never get caught and no one reports you.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

bassetluv902 (02-24-2018),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (02-24-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    16h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I personally was able to buy and then trade a UC. It's not as dangerous as you think, your account just has to look like the sort to have a good UC (extremely old, high avatar count, ancient plot trophies, etc.)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donald For This Useful Post:

bassetluv902 (02-24-2018),rio (03-01-2018),Spunky (02-24-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Buy from well-known sellers on here. Best way to avoid pets that aren't truly active/stolen from active accounts.. I recommend Alexis, she has instant delivery, and great prices.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vicki For This Useful Post:

bassetluv902 (02-24-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    All i'm about to say it MY experience and not a rule, i bought already tons of UC's from here, i always check with the seller how long he has it, how he got it and check how long it's been 'inactive'.

I usually don't send it to a side for sitting, specially if i really wanted the pet, since i've a great anxiety, but if you have the patience to do it, i'd advise that.
    Since i got back 2 months ago, i've fed all kadoaties, posted on the boards(premium, games, and avatars) and had no question about it, maybe since my accs are 14+ yo and 320+ avies each one, that was a good help.

Now my experience in my old main, which was frozen for abusing a glitch as tnt said in my ticket and not for buying pets, abing, ss and all other cheats provided here that i used, on that account i had 14 UCs including the ones on the side accs, i used to frequent the pc and never had a problem with it, but things may be different nowadays since i'm off from checking the PC boards for 3+ years;

Another tip: about the CACHE, nowadays petlookups and userlookups don't have one, but check the petpage if it does, you DO NEED to update it before sending it to your main, but if it doesn't, it's all good about it. Now with captchas, it's harder for the pc assholes keep track of abandoned UC's and this should work in your favor.

Another tip�: If the pet you bought has a petpet, if it fits them, don't change it, it's kind of anyone who buys pet move, changing the petpet and resetting the day counter and a petpet with 2k+ days attached may not be a sign it's legit but definetly something people tend to look at.
    Last edited by DrSloth; 02-24-2018 at 01:15 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

bassetluv902 (02-24-2018),Gotch (02-24-2018),team rocket (02-26-2018)