Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions on how to make this pet look less suspicious?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Any suggestions on how to make this pet look less suspicious?

The first thing I've learned about buying UCs is never ever use a stupid ass cover story about accidentally meeting someone who quit playing years ago that gave you all their stuff cause it never works.
    Problem is this actually happened to me , lol, and now I don't know what to do.
    I am friend with someone on FB and it turned out they used to play neopets a long time ago and still have their account even if they haven't been active in.. forever. They quit playing rigth after conversion, they have a VWN high tier UC and weirdly enough the account has never been looted (they have a fairly expensive gallery and nothing was touched) so they're trying to regain access in order to gift me the pet and whatever is valuable on the account.
    I don't wanna go too much into details but I am 100% sure they're legit and the account belongs to them, in case anyone is wondering.

Is it even a good idea to accept anything from them? How I make this pet even look legit on the PC.. I don't like it and I want something else for it but this is the kind of story I would never believe if I read it but at the same time the pet is 100% legit and I am really tempted to get it on my main or on a legit side account but I'm known on the boards and this would look so fucking suspicious so .. I don't know...

You can PM me for more details

Pronouns
    They/Them It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    56d 11h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I'd say take it but don't make it into a spectacle on the boards. I am sure other people on here can go into depth about what to do and all the right paths to take, but people bring high tier UCs to the boards all the time, legit and illegit. Unless you use it for attention, it's probably not going to be a problem.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8d 1h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I'd also say take it. But don't make a scene about it, I'd say keep low with it and it should be fine.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I agree with the others, I'd suggest having it transferred to one of your side accounts and leave it there for a while before you move it to an account that you post with regularly on the PC with, or that has pets that you're currently trading or that you directly link to on your main. Honestly if you don't call attention to yourself and try to brag about the awesome gift, you should be fine!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactolotl For This Useful Post:

Zorro (02-13-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Dumb question but is there any reason not to just take over their account, if they haven't any use for it?

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (02-13-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I'd honestly go through the process of "securing" their account like any illegit inactive account you would raid, even though in this case it's completely legitimately being recovered by the original owner, if necessary ask if your friend will let you have control of the account unless it's being recovered through a ticket and TNT knows what's going on already. And then when moving the pet to your account, go through the same process as if it was an illegit pet (use the same about of care and patience, etc).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

Zorro (02-13-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Getting control of the account is probably doable but it wouldn't solve much, I guess I wasn't very clear cause I know how to secure this pet in time, I've done it with illegit UCs before but it sucks that I have to go to all the trouble with a legit pet so what I really wanted to know is if there's any way I can get this pet on my legit main right away and get away with trading it on the PC, I suspect the answer is no cause no one would believe my story even if it's true, lol. Oh well..

Pronouns
    They/Them It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    56d 11h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Why tell your story? You don't have to tell people how you got it. I've been gifted a UC by a friend in the past, too, and never had anyone ask how I got it. Treat it like any other pet. PC doesn't have to know those details. TNT will know it's legit and you will.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grim Reaper For This Useful Post:

Corliss (02-13-2018),Raposa (02-13-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Maybe I'm just super paranoid, I figured if I suddenly show up on the PC with a rare UC no one know nothing about people would report me and I would end up in trouble even if it's legit

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Is it possible for your friend to submit a ticket to TNT telling them the pet is a gift and not to ice you? Or would that make them suspicious?

Otherwise, just lay low and don�t make a big deal about the pet. Move it to a side, or at the very least don�t make it your active for a while. PC doesn�t stalk quite as hard as they used to, but I�d still recommend waiting several months to a year before you try to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raposa For This Useful Post:

Corliss (02-13-2018),Grim Reaper (02-13-2018),Zorro (02-13-2018)